Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/september-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-8-31-4pm-cst-t198447.html)

jaba 08-27-2012 08:06 AM

Just sent my PM, I'm in again. Love this swap

Krystyna 08-27-2012 08:13 AM

I'm kinda thinking I'm going to sit this one out. Tooooo much going on. But I'll visit!

brenda21 08-27-2012 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5471645)
I'm kinda thinking I'm going to sit this one out. Tooooo much going on. But I'll visit!

oh yeah....that will happen hahahahah:D

grammyj 08-27-2012 09:07 AM

I'm in again, finally got my info sent. :)

quiltnut4ever 08-27-2012 09:48 AM

Glad I'm back home. Had a wonderful time in NYC last week with my brother and family. Went to the City Quilter, the only quilt store in NYC that I know of. Bought some fat quarters of NYC themed fabric, a batik and a pattern. T hen we walked to 34th st. big mistake, lots of shopping there, then to 42nd Times Square, HUGE mistake! lol! I had fun though, we also visited the 9/11 memorial site. That was very sad with all of the l ives lost on such a tragic day in history. I did take photos of all the area and the new Twin Towers is going to look beautiful. Glad I'm in the Sept. SP swap, love these swaps!

Beeboop71 08-27-2012 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever (Post 5471859)
Glad I'm back home. Had a wonderful time in NYC last week with my brother and family. Went to the City Quilter, the only quilt store in NYC that I know of. Bought some fat quarters of NYC themed fabric, a batik and a pattern. T hen we walked to 34th st. big mistake, lots of shopping there, then to 42nd Times Square, HUGE mistake! lol! I had fun though, we also visited the 9/11 memorial site. That was very sad with all of the l ives lost on such a tragic day in history. I did take photos of all the area and the new Twin Towers is going to look beautiful. Glad I'm in the Sept. SP swap, love these swaps!

I work in the Chrysler Building should have stopped by to say hello :) I have been to the City Quilter once. It is a nice shop although I love the quaint country shops better. I also have the fabric with the subway map on it, but I haven't made anything with it. What do you plan on making with your NYC fabric? Maybe I will pull it out and figure out what to do with it. Glad you enjoyed your trip to NYC. I haven't seen the 911 memorial yet. Not sure if I am ready for that but I have seen pics and it is beautiful! Would love to see pics of your visit!

quiltnut4ever 08-27-2012 03:59 PM

Beeboop, had I known you worked in the Chrysler building I would have definitely took the time to meet you! The 9/11 memorial was nice, they are still working on the museum. It was my second time at the city quilter. They have expanded there shop a lot and have beautiful batiks, but being NYC prices they were very sky high..so I only bought 1/2 yard of one batik. I have fat quarters from my first visit of nyc fabric and this time they had different ones. Here's a link to a scrappy bag that I have made so many times. I made one for myself a while back for work and it is so handy! http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/04/...arm-pouch.html it is easy to make and all you need are 7 5" squares and two fat quarters plus a 9" zipper and fusible interfacing. Some of my secret pals have received them as part of their gifts but they are so fast to make and they make great gifts! So I'll be using my fat quarters from nyc to make myself another bag for work so that I can interchange. I will try to upload the pics but my guy needs the puter now so I'll this week.

maggy 08-27-2012 05:54 PM

Sending in my information tonight.

Krystyna 08-28-2012 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5471723)
oh yeah....that will happen hahahahah:D

You don't think I'll visit?

Krystyna 08-28-2012 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Beeboop71 (Post 5472273)
I work in the Chrysler Building should have stopped by to say hello :)

I didn't know you worked there either! I love that building and one Halloween, long, long ago I spent the night dancing with someone dressed up as the Chrysler Building! I can actually see it from the bay side of our island -- can you see me? I'm waving!