Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   September Secret Pal Swap Closes August 31st 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/september-secret-pal-swap-closes-august-31st-4pm-t228798.html)

Oksewnsew 09-12-2013 06:38 AM

OH GOOD HEAVENS!!! Somehow I misread the mail out date and I may miss it by a couple days!! I've got a few things together, need to add couple other things.. So sorry. Since July 3rd I've had to take care of my mom who came down with Shingles all over the right side of her face and back thru her hair! My timing has totally been off.

Lori, I will sincerely try to get things moving today and try to get it in the mail no later than Monday at least, maybe sooner.. Again, I'm so sorry. So many nice packages have been received.

Jean

quiltymom 09-12-2013 06:53 AM

One of mine received hers yesterday but no reply sure she will today!!

Belfrybat 09-12-2013 09:00 AM

My packages are sitting down at the post office ready and eager to fly to their destinations. One is heading across borders and is eager to spread Texas cheer to a foreign land. The other will be going NNE of here to someone whose only "want" is fabric, fabric, and more fabric. I hope they get to their destinations quickly and without incident.

Wonnie 09-12-2013 09:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]435545[/ATTACH]

Quilty-Louise, so sorry you had to search so hard for my most wanted item but you FOUND it!....and I'm delighted. I do rip a LOT and it's such a pain to remove all those teeny, weeny threads. I thank you a thousand times over! How did you know my small sewing scissors were on there last legs....So needed these. The little beeswax container is SO much handier for my portable projects than the huge bar I carry with me. Lovely fabric but especially the soft, yellow print...that shade is so hard to find and it's my all time favorite. You made my day. Thank you !

Wonnie

Oksewnsew 09-12-2013 11:50 AM

By golly I gotter all done, boxed up and ready for the mail. :thumbup: It shouldn't take but a few days to get to her, she's not far from me. :) I included a letter, too, telling about ea. item. I think I managed to include several things she would like.

Quilty-Louise 09-12-2013 12:41 PM

Wonnie I am so glad that you like the package that I sent to you.

I truly didn't mind hunting for your seam-fix, it gave me a chance
to "visit" all my quilt shops and "pet" all the pretty fabrics.

I do a lot of seam ripping also, but I have a few of my favorite rippers
that I just like better than anything else.
Yes that was a nice buttery yellow and wish I was able to find more of
that fabric, but the store where I bought it at is not your typical kind of
quilt shop they buy fabric by the pound from customers, so you never
know when you are going to find just the "right" fabric for a project or
two.

Enjoy your seam-fix, scissors, beeswax, and fabrics.

mscupid804 09-12-2013 02:11 PM

Louise, what's seam-fix??

sewnsewer2 09-12-2013 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 (Post 6289900)
Louise, what's seam-fix??

Maybe the pink seam ripper? It has a rubber top on it that helps to pull up the threads you just cut with the ripper. You use it like an eraser. I was gifted one and I love it!!!

quiltymom 09-12-2013 02:59 PM

Teresa I also got one gifted and love then I went to JoAnns and bought 2 more.

mscupid804 09-12-2013 03:06 PM

WOW! Sounds like I NEED 1 too! LOL