Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign up for august 2012 amish solids doll quilt swap closes july 31st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-august-2012-amish-solids-doll-quilt-swap-closes-july-31st-t195348.html)

hobbykat1955 07-24-2012 01:43 PM

I think hand quilting will be a challenge...so I might actually give it a try on this small scale DQ...

Elisabrat 07-24-2012 03:50 PM

I am in. I picked out the fabrics last nite. I love these dq swaps as I think most of us have a little of something (or a lot) and it is so much fun. Question of the day: does anyone here know what is the premise or theme behind WHY amish quilts are made with these colors (or lack of color black)? Are they any pattern or more often certain ones? I checked out a bunch yesterday and they seemed to use a lot of blocks that were pointed. Is there a reason other than they are darned pretty and detailed with all those points? Curiosity makes me ask. I sure hope someone out here likes true red and blue and MAYBE a bright green or yellow... I have my block picked out. Wish me luck!

urgodschild2 07-24-2012 07:34 PM

I am in on this one too. I have already started on it.

ctipton 07-24-2012 08:56 PM

Me too...I'm in

hobbykat1955 07-25-2012 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5391414)
I am in. I picked out the fabrics last nite. I love these dq swaps as I think most of us have a little of something (or a lot) and it is so much fun. Question of the day: does anyone here know what is the premise or theme behind WHY amish quilts are made with these colors (or lack of color black)? Are they any pattern or more often certain ones? I checked out a bunch yesterday and they seemed to use a lot of blocks that were pointed. Is there a reason other than they are darned pretty and detailed with all those points? Curiosity makes me ask. I sure hope someone out here likes true red and blue and MAYBE a bright green or yellow... I have my block picked out. Wish me luck!

If you google History of Amish Quilts you'll find a detail answer. I was interested myself and found it yesterday.

Crazy Quiltin Robin 07-25-2012 09:07 AM

Krystyna , here is what I got for under 20 dollars on Ebay

1 Attachment(s)
I didnt have any solids so I looked on Ebay and for under 20 dollars this is what I got ... now I have doll quilt size solids in all colors .... this month will be fun ....... yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy Quiltin Robin 07-25-2012 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana (Post 5391147)
Robin, I know teenagers will eat most anything but I seriously don't think they ate your quilt :D - unless of course you spilled chocolate or nachos on it.

I think it was chocolate Paula ........ I'm not sure ....all I know is when they left the frig was empty and the quilt was MIA ......lol.....still looking for it .... found 3 other minis I have started ...lol.....need to get on this king size Tenn. Waltz I promised my niece Id make her ......lol....... help me LORD I will get them all done .....sometime !!!!

QuiltingKrazy 07-25-2012 11:02 AM

I'm Back! I 'm ready to join back in this month! Whew Hoo!
Might try my "hand quilting" on this one too!

Judith1005 07-25-2012 12:48 PM

Okay Krystyna, I''m in again. I've sent in my pm. I bought a couple of solid colors a few weeks ago to go with a few solids I already had. I've been wanting to try a solids quilt for a long time.

Have yall ever seen that commercial on TV where the family drags a quilt everywhere with them. They take it to the park, beach, etc... And in the final scene, you see the quilt hanging out the back of the car hatchback dragging on the ground. (IT WAS A QUILT MADE OUT OF SOLIDS.) Well, that sparked an interest in making a quilt of solids. (Which I haven't gotten around to yet.) It was either a commercial for detergent or A washer. I think.

So, there you go. I'm In, Pretty Please, Pick me. LOL, giggle. :)

Judith1005 07-25-2012 12:50 PM

oooo, pretty. I like them.

Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin (Post 5393290)
I didnt have any solids so I looked on Ebay and for under 20 dollars this is what I got ... now I have doll quilt size solids in all colors .... this month will be fun ....... yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!