Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign up for December 2012 Doll Quilt Swap - (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-december-2012-doll-quilt-swap-t206348.html)

Lv2sew2011 12-10-2012 10:14 PM

Debbie sorry to hear this, but I know how you are feeling, two of my cousins have been giving the bad news of Stage 4 cancer, and one was told there nothing they can do for her, she even went from Oklahoma to PA. Just to be told that, my heart goes out to her and her family, my other cousin can no longer walk and has had back surgery to see if they can get him to walk but it's not going good the pins and screws they put in his back are making his bones crumble. He has Stage 4 Cancer in his back area and hips...Not looking good for him either, prayers would be great for all those who believe...
Donna

Originally Posted by mooretll (Post 5708529)
my dq is finished and will mail out Monday.
off topic: my dear Aunt lost her battle with Cancer this morning. She was 68 she faught hard for 8 months. Please keep her four children and all her grandchildren in your prayers. we have lost four to cancer in the last year and a half. I sure do hope 2013 is a better year.

Elisabrat 12-11-2012 05:49 AM

good to hear from you Krystyna, your hanging in this is such a good thing. Give it five years it will just be a nightmare in the past and I hear in the army they run from those meals too. And I read that label no dry cleaning or laundering. Ok how does one clean it or is it that scary a material you never need to? what is on that stuff that you cant clean it? Those lefse sound so good ..they must be she made so many she killed the electrical in the house. I get hungry everytime I think of them.

Dotty (Dotcomdtv) I received your DQ last evening when hubby brought home the mail. I will post tonight if I can sneak one more pic from my your batteries are dead camera. Its an adorable sewing themed quilt which will grace my livingroom table for the month of January then go onto the wall of fame in the sewing room. I love the colors and oh oh I also received an cute hand made ornament from Dotty also. A quail! I was just enjoying a whole flock of them two days ago in my front yard. They always have a centinal in the front checking the safety and one who walks behind the group and gets up on say a fence to keep guard also. Very cute little guys. So thank you! it is on the Christmas tree already. Oh I love ornies!

Psychomomquilter 12-11-2012 07:35 AM

talking about weather, its am,azing our close to 70'0s this past few days, but I could bet the cold is gonna come in fast!

ladies the quilts are looking great! Just wish my quilting could be so good! I still mess up with the binding, and points, try so hard to keep those things together, but everytime those things slip and I have a whopperjared mess! You won't believe how many times I tore this one up and redid it, was afraid I would mess it up so the last time I left it as is. Linda I hope you like it(Elizabrat) But I "claim" that 10 foot rule! so there, hehehehehe:)

mooretll 12-11-2012 11:22 AM

yours went out today. hope you like it.

Originally Posted by ljdugas31 (Post 5712007)
Sending out your doll quilt end of the week,Mooretll hope you like it.

mooretll 12-11-2012 11:31 AM

Thanks Donna, I am sending prayers to your family.
Hugs sent your way also.
Debbie

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011 (Post 5712230)
Debbie sorry to hear this, but I know how you are feeling, two of my cousins have been giving the bad news of Stage 4 cancer, and one was told there nothing they can do for her, she even went from Oklahoma to PA. Just to be told that, my heart goes out to her and her family, my other cousin can no longer walk and has had back surgery to see if they can get him to walk but it's not going good the pins and screws they put in his back are making his bones crumble. He has Stage 4 Cancer in his back area and hips...Not looking good for him either, prayers would be great for all those who believe...
Donna

Dragonfly Nana 12-11-2012 04:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
And now presenting my first Sun Bonnet Sue! I just adore my December DQ that I received from Hobbykat1955 today and can't wait to hang her for the holidays.
The second pic is the "what I started to do but didn't know how to make into a DQ" that she sent as too. Well, I know just what to do with these guys! So lucky to receive two this month.
Thanks again Hobbykat1955...you should receive yours in the next day or two.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]381691[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]381692[/ATTACH]

Nancy in Louisiana 12-11-2012 04:31 PM

Aw Krystyna -- you're so lucky. We never got any blankets after Hurricane Rita. Gee, all we got are blue plastic tarps. Are you tempted to wet down one of those blankets just to see what will happen to it?

QuiltingKrazy 12-11-2012 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana (Post 5714072)
Aw Krystyna -- you're so lucky. We never got any blankets after Hurricane Rita. Gee, all we got are blue plastic tarps. Are you tempted to wet down one of those blankets just to see what will happen to it?

That was my though... what would happen when wet. not to mention it look like it would be really rough!

Krystyna 12-12-2012 10:19 AM

Awww, Paula! I just love that little Sue! As for the blankets, no I was not at all tempted to wet them. Not for a second. The look like clothes that was shredded up and compressed somehow. There were even little shiny metallic in them. I guess that makes them look festive? After reading the label and thinking about who made them and what went into them, I guess I am a snob ... even one without a proper blanket .... and into the trash they went!

mooretll 12-12-2012 10:40 AM

Hi K happy to see you on the board!
My dq went out yesterday to its new home.