Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign up for December 2012 Doll Quilt Swap - (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-december-2012-doll-quilt-swap-t206348.html)

quiltymom 12-16-2012 01:28 PM

How about a NEW Years theme we do all other holidays!!!! That could be fun !! Just a thought!!!

buslady 12-17-2012 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin (Post 5720303)
This month I didn't enter the swap because I was visiting the Dr. so much .... but on this day of such sorrow to so many I got good news from my oncologist ..... the lymphnodes are all shurnk down to little bittiy ... which means no more tests for 3 months .... and we are cancer free for 6 months now .... this is the best Christmas present I've ever got .... so in Jan I will join back in .... Merry Christmas to all !!!!!!!

GOD IS GOOD!!!! I am so happy to hear your news, it is a wonderful gift indeed.

buslady 12-17-2012 07:12 AM

I actually got my quilt started this weekend. A few little tweeks, binding and it will be done!! It turned out cute, if I do say so myself!! Hope my partner likes it.

Elisabrat 12-17-2012 07:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I was thinking new years too bubbles etc. someone else in another swap was mentioning mardi gras for Jan. and of course I want a head start. I am going to do another boom swap so I would love to be able to do both and if I start early... then I can play here too! I just finished quilting my mystery train quilt. I had two days to do it which is pretty hard for me. Regular sewing machine, getting on the floor to pin it (needing help to get off the floor mind you) and then smushing it in and out of the machine argh. finished binding at 12:40 last night. A 17 hour quilt day. Its done. Phew as it is leaving home today. so my table is waiting projects! projects! it calls to me. Maybe I will go rogue and just .. make a doll quilt and hope my partner likes rogue dqs.[ATTACH=CONFIG]382658[/ATTACH]

buslady 12-17-2012 12:19 PM

Love your quilt! and the kitty. January. New year, new beginnings, yea, bubbles. I'm no good at thinking up themes, but I like to have their guidance. LOL

tesspug 12-17-2012 03:16 PM

Wondering why we don't do the theme for the next month. For January if we do hearts, then the doll quits can be displayed for all of February.

QuiltingKrazy 12-17-2012 04:59 PM

OK y'all how about for January, (for those who need/want a theme...like me) Since many may want holiday theme....
let's go with a theme of THREE COLORS! that way you can use red, pink, and white for a Valentine theme or National Heart Month, OR... you can go with purple, gold and green for Mardi Gras theme. Maybe Red,white and blue for Presidents day. OR just any three colors that you like or your partner likes. What do ya think?

Elisabrat 12-17-2012 05:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
oH OH Yes! I can do that in a heartbeat! sign me up I am in I am in!

getting out scissors and fabric as I type lol..

ok here are a couple pictures I needed to post: one is an adorable ornament, a quail from dotcomdtv Dotty its so cute! check out the embroidery thread little things off the top of the head how perfect! and the next are photographs of the sweet doll quilt that psychomomma made for me. Mary I love how colorful it is. And she included a wonderful rice pack now to go find the picture of that and the hotpad she made me (or mug rug I used it as a hot pad today gulp and it worked lovely) ..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]382779[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]382780[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]382781[/ATTACH]

Dragonfly Nana 12-17-2012 07:56 PM

Linda your quilt is beautiful. I like the idea of three colors so we can make in January what will be displayed in February.

Needlegrammy 12-18-2012 06:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I received a lovely Snowflake doll quilt from QuiltingKrazy yesterday. I love the colors and it has little shiney beads on the flake. It is awesome!!!!! I also received some lovely gifts. Lisa, you do such beauitful work! Thank you so much.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]382859[/ATTACH]