Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for June 2012 Doll Quilt Swap Closes Noon EST May 31st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-june-2012-doll-quilt-swap-closes-noon-est-may-31st-t189337.html)

jacie 06-28-2012 08:35 PM

oh, I do not have the capabilit of posting pics, so when OOWEE gets time maybe she will post for me...... ? sure!!

Lynnie25 06-28-2012 10:47 PM

NinaLemon, no wonder your son loved the DQ you received from Lv2sew2011, its gorgeous. Reminds me of my childhood days on the farm, love the detail and animals.

Krystyna 06-29-2012 03:02 AM

What gorgeous quilts! I love cardinals so much. We have a cardinal couple who live in our backyard. They are usually very shy so it's a treat to see them. I almost don't mind when they gorge themselves on my grapes.

NinaLemon, hearing about your son and the quilt was so heart warming. What a joy little boys are! That quilt is so charming. No wonder he loved it.

The applique technique is new to me too. Still learning.

Louise, I keep praying for a good long rainstorm in your area. I can't believe how big that awful fire has grown. Be safe!

rwquilts 06-29-2012 04:11 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I want to post pictures of the gorgeous quilt Lynnie25 sent me! I am such a happy camper! She took the traditional "storm at sea" pattern, and turned it into this stunning flower quilt! She used yummy batiks and did such a fantastic job. I found another great friend this month! Thank you again Lyn!

The second picture is a closeup of the quilt with the more true colors, and the last picture shows the back with her cute label and a wonderful sachet of lavender, which comes from a place just 3 hrs away from her. Sounds like a great place to visit!

Quilty-Louise 06-29-2012 04:20 AM

K,

Thank you, there are about 13-15 fires burning in CO right now
with one of them expected to be 100% contained by this weekend.

So far the Waldo Canyon fire in the Springs area is the most property
destructive fire in CO history as of last night it had burned 346 home
it is LITERALLY wiping out complete subdivisions of homes. They was
showing an aerial view of some of the neighborhoods and it was just
sad to see 43+ homes burned to the foundations while leaving some
houses untouched in 1 neighborhood they showed there was 8 houses
(not all next to each other) still standing but the houses on either side
of them was gone.

Here is a link to some aerial photos of the fire area. More info about
Waldo Canyon can be found also if interested National news doesn't always
give a "full" impact of the situation.

Both my MIL and FIL houses are still in danger. My MIL is on "stand-by"
notice (stage before pre-evac), while my FIL is on pre-evac notice. My
hubs and I are also on pre-notice to jump and run (drive) down to assist
if needed.

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5325244)
What gorgeous quilts! I love cardinals so much. We have a cardinal couple who live in our backyard. They are usually very shy so it's a treat to see them. I almost don't mind when they gorge themselves on my grapes.

NinaLemon, hearing about your son and the quilt was so heart warming. What a joy little boys are! That quilt is so charming. No wonder he loved it.

The applique technique is new to me too. Still learning.

Louise, I keep praying for a good long rainstorm in your area. I can't believe how big that awful fire has grown. Be safe!

Krystyna 06-29-2012 04:27 AM

Lyn, what a beauty! Such a creative twist on the Storm at Sea. Love it. Lucky you, Ronda!

Louise, what a nerve wracking situation. The smoke must be awful for so many, not to mention the loss of homes. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this awful calamity.

nancia 06-29-2012 06:06 AM

louise-- my heart goes out to you and your family. how terrible! prayers for their safety.

Ladybug 1938 06-29-2012 06:32 AM

Louise what's the latest word on your in-laws...???

QuilterMomma 06-29-2012 07:39 AM

I just need to put on the labels and mail. Will be out today. Thank you starshine and handi for being my partners this month. I am sure you will have fun with them. If you need me to post photos, just let me know. Whew, made the deadline sick and all.

QuilterMomma 06-29-2012 07:40 AM

Nice quilt RW, it is so pretty. Love the label.