Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-june-2013-quilting-board-46th-doll-quilt-swap-red-white-blue-t222124.html)

Cogito 06-22-2013 05:50 AM

Linda, your quilt to Gaiatender is darling! I need to upgrade my 23 yr old sewing machine so I can make cool thinks like that! :) Congrats Gaiatender on the lovely sampler quilt. I am so sorry you are missing quilts for April and May. :(

ljdugas31 06-22-2013 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Cogito (Post 6136743)
Linda, your quilt to Gaiatender is darling! I need to upgrade my 23 yr old sewing machine so I can make cool thinks like that! :) Congrats Gaiatender on the lovely sampler quilt. I am so sorry you are missing quilts for April and May. :(

thank you but my machine didn't do that, I did it by hand I love to cross-stich.

Jean D 06-22-2013 07:32 AM

Well, once again, the DQ quilts are wonderful, creative, thoughtful, beautiful! I messaged Kitsykeel that I was leaving for a couple days and going to a cabin with all of our kids (first time ever) and was going to finish the hand stitching for hers. All best laid plans go awry...my husband woke up to sick to go, which meant I would have to load everything, drive myself, I did make it, exhausted, finally fell asleep to wake up to knocking and soaked kids and a flooded campground, which means a cabin full of soggy, wet kids and clothes, I am sneaking off now, the town 10 miles away has a cupcake bakery, yep I have a plan, and my kids have noooo idea.

Jean D 06-22-2013 07:33 AM

Oh, and Kitsy, your quilt WILL get done, it's what's keeping me sane here.

Cogito 06-22-2013 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by ljdugas31 (Post 6136905)
thank you but my machine didn't do that, I did it by hand I love to cross-stich.

Oops, my apologies! No offense intended! I love to cross stitch too. My machine is old and there are machines out there today that seem to do everything but bake bread, so I assumed. Again my apologies. Very lovely work!

createfourpaws 06-22-2013 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 6135987)
Ladies, I need two angels please. Gaiatender did not receive quilts for April OR May!!! Personally I think this is horrible and I applaud this kind and gentle soul for signing up yet again. Can anyone help? I think she deserves a DQ shower!!!

I am sorry to say but she did get one in May. I was her partner and sent it in and posted pictures of it for her after I got her PM she had received it.

createfourpaws 06-22-2013 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 6135987)
Ladies, I need two angels please. Gaiatender did not receive quilts for April OR May!!! Personally I think this is horrible and I applaud this kind and gentle soul for signing up yet again. Can anyone help? I think she deserves a DQ shower!!!

She posted in the May thread of receiving her May Crazy quilt, it is post #798. Unless she had 2 partners. She did get her May DQ. I posted pictures of it for her since she was having problems posting pictures.

createfourpaws 06-22-2013 08:12 AM

I am sorry to say that being accused of not sending my partner her DQ in May has made me angry and since I have not received any PM regarding not sending. I do not believe I have the desire to be a part of this group any longer. I will send the June DQ that is ready to be mailed to Grandma Di.

I have enjoyed being here until I see these post. As everyone can see who each others partners are, not one person either the hostess nor the person who said she didn't get her May DQ, which she post in the May thread post #798.

Enjoy your future DQ swaps.

BuzzinBumble 06-22-2013 08:36 AM

Cindy please don't leave the swap...it is easy to see why your feelings are hurt. But you are a great swap member and would be so missed! I am sure tiredness or forgetfulness contributed to this mix up. I apologize for my comment about no shows. It was aimed at the general idea, I definitely did not go and look up who were the April and May partners. I'm sure that goes for all of us. It would be awful if you left now when you feel so angry and hurt and it would be so very hard to get over. Please let us make amends.

jaba 06-22-2013 08:49 AM

Cindy I am very new to this swap but I don't think all the partners get posted. I can say this because this month my partner is toomanyufo's but I also have argentium and it is not posted that we are partners. Saying that, I have mailed both but I have not received yet. Just saying she may have had 2 partners.