Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-june-2013-quilting-board-46th-doll-quilt-swap-red-white-blue-t222124.html)

Cogito 07-01-2013 03:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As promised, Gaijin's quilt was mailed to Japan today. Have no idea how long it takes to get there....But here is a little more sneak peak![ATTACH=CONFIG]422136[/ATTACH]

Krystyna 07-01-2013 03:06 PM

Cute! I think it only takes 2 hours to get there! :p

Cogito 07-01-2013 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 6154408)
Cute! I think it only takes 2 hours to get there! :p

Maybe......it IS going airmail after all! :D

Krystyna 07-01-2013 04:05 PM

Totally Off Topic - I love sparrows. They are so tiny and yet there is a life in them. I just love them. That said, I don't know why, but I keep finding dead baby birds. I found one a couple of weeks ago and wrapped him up so something wouldn't eat him. Today, I found two that were barely out of their shells. They had no feathers. First I saw one, and then the second which, unfortunately, someone stepped on. On the other side of the complex I saw one of the residents who was very busy planting flowers. I walked over and complimented him and then I told him about the baby birds and asked if he would mind burying them. I told him I just didn't want to put their tiny bodies in the trash. He kindly agreed and dug a hole. Then he asked me if I would like to say a prayer! So I did. And that was that. I felt that all was well with the cycle of their tiny little lives.

OK. I'm weird. I think I'll go make a Lean Pocket for dinner since hubby is working overtime again. Over and out.

Cogito 07-01-2013 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by BertieD (Post 6154016)
Bilben, that is one of the most creative RWB flags I've ever seen! Lucky Debbyg. I like Canada's flag, too! Happy Canada Day or whatever it's called. I love stars and have never seen so many different fabrics with stars on it that I DON'T have, lol! Just so much originality on this board -- that's what makes it fun. I just got back from a big quilt show in Indiana and it was combined with a Hudson Car show. Did you know they made cars in the most glorious colors? Said if you wanted a black car, buy a Ford! LOL! We're going to TX on Wednesday so talk to ya'll when I get back unless I can sneak on at my DSIL's house on her computer.

Well Ms Bertie you sure are galavanting about! Drive safe, have a great 4th!

wanda lou 07-01-2013 04:45 PM

K You are not weird at all... I always say a little prayer for any dead animals I see...

Thank you QuilterMomma Love my doll quilts, yep I got 2. will post a picture later tonight.

Vanogay 07-01-2013 05:07 PM

I agree with you Krystna and WandaLou _ I always say a little prayer for a dead animal as well. In the spring, it seems I see more dead animals on the roads - they always lose to the cars. I try not to get too upset, but it doesn't always work. Don't ever be upset with yourself if you have a tender heart.

BuzzinBumble 07-02-2013 04:10 AM

Krystyna, Wanda Lou, and Vanogay, that is a wonderful and lovely thing to do. It's as the song says...His Eye is on the Sparrow.

Cogito, your sneak peek is intriguing. Wow Gaijin is in Japan, I had not realized that.

Cogito 07-02-2013 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble (Post 6155169)

Cogito, your sneak peek is intriguing. Wow Gaijin is in Japan, I had not realized that.

Hhhhmmm, intriguing, eh? Isn't that the socially polite way of saying "Blech" but I will be nice and say... intriguing...:D:D:D Jest kidding!

BuzzinBumble 07-02-2013 04:58 AM

Oh no, Cogito. Intriguing is good....can't wait to see more of it. Hmmmmmm.... maybe we have more than one "Brat" here? :D:p