Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up May 2013 Doll Quilt Swap - Theme Quilty Chaos - Crazy Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-may-2013-doll-quilt-swap-theme-quilty-chaos-crazy-quilts-t219288.html)

Elisabrat 04-28-2013 04:14 AM

me? not clean? I showered, washed my feet and even get this brushed my teeth too. you silly girl you have me confused with someone else!

I think we are nearing the end. sigh. life as we know it will change forever. sitting down and going nuts with fabric.. oh joy. I went on google typed in crazy quilts went to images. The pictures were consistantly unattractive. What happened to beautiful crazy quilts? the victorian quilts were NOT seriously ugly like those pictured. When did it go from art to .. slap it all together? seriously I am curious.. I have never made a wonky star got confused trying to read the pattern for them (ok its wonky why do you need a pattern? it looks like you sure didnt use one).. it was something I had best watch a video on youtube for as I couldnt get it. maybe I picked a hard pattern. so I am in still for a wonky chicken or a crazy cat if i have my druthers. or a pig or dog or .. patriotic turkey.. something..

NanaKathy55 04-28-2013 06:28 AM

Wow..beautiful!

Originally Posted by pbadder (Post 6027996)
Here is what I have so far. I know crazy in a way but color coordinated.[ATTACH=CONFIG]410223[/ATTACH]

Bilben 04-28-2013 11:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have just signed up for this swap, my first DQ. I just did a small crazy quilt for Easter so I feel somewhat confident, but I am a new quilter so who knows?

Linny 04-28-2013 11:43 AM

Your crazy quilt egg is great! Looks like you've got the idea quite nicely...looking forward to seeing your DQ.

marscrafter 04-28-2013 07:04 PM

I just picked up some fabric and embellishments for the doll quilt. This is the perfect excuse for me to break out the metallic thread, right? LOL

Krystyna 04-29-2013 07:49 AM

Bilben, love the crazy egg!

And my darling, if occasionally confused doll quilt cuties (you know who you are) ... THAT is a fine example of what a crazy quilt is!

If you need to know how to do one, just Google "How to Make a Crazy Quilt". They are sooooo simple. And no, you do not need a lot of embellishments or fancy fabrics. Any doodads or buttons you have on hand are good. Just start with a five sided piece and build from there. You can do it! I know you can!!!

Krystyna 04-29-2013 07:51 AM

I've been thinking about this for months now ... this swap is called the Doll Quilt swap, but I'm sort of wondering if we should change the name to the Mini Quilt Swap ... but not until we hit the 50th swap some months away. Any thoughts?

Nancy in Louisiana 04-29-2013 08:25 AM

I don't think so many DQ's (and yes, calling them Mini's would be more accurate) have been started so early before. Wow. These beauties ought to be hitting the post office by the end of next week! Just need to sew on a few "things" to mine and it's ready to go off. Maybe we need next month's theme so we can all get a jump on that one as well.

Krystyna 04-29-2013 09:05 AM

Ohhhh, Nancy! Another sweet photo of your little angel. Awwwww!

Next month will be "Home" ... a variation on the Show Us Where You Live theme that Chele did.

Psychomomquilter 04-29-2013 04:41 PM

am in for May yeaaaa