Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up May 2013 Doll Quilt Swap - Theme Quilty Chaos - Crazy Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-may-2013-doll-quilt-swap-theme-quilty-chaos-crazy-quilts-t219288.html)

BertieD 05-11-2013 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws (Post 6058094)
Ok I have finished my practice piece just need to do the embleshments and crazy stitches. I am not sure I like the long strips at the top. Suggestions???

[ATTACH=CONFIG]412862[/ATTACH]

It is a 20 1/2 inch square right now. Again I have never done a crazy quilt before this one.

Cut the whole quilt into 4 or 9 sections and sew back together! Even crazier and I bet you'd like it better. No long strips then.

lisalisa 05-11-2013 04:34 PM

7 Attachment(s)
I got my sweet little DQ from Sharon(luvstoquilt). It's so so so pretty. She did a ton of bead work on it. The only thing crazy about it is that it's crazy beautiful. It's going on my baby girl's wall. Here are some pics.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]412920[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]412921[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]412922[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]412923[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]412924[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]412926[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]412925[/ATTACH]

luvstoquilt 05-11-2013 05:36 PM

Lisallisa...thanks so much...your little one is adorable.

Robin, I am thinking of you and praying you will soon be feeling like your old self. I have a friend that was a donar...I was her mentor (I am a cancer survivor so they do not accept my blood, bone marrow, etc) She really went through a lot to donate...she got shots for several days and spent a bit of time feeling like she had the worst flu she had ever encountered. After her donation she had to go back for a stay in the hospital and several days of extensive IV's. Guess what, she will do it again if she can help someone that matches her! I know (she does as well) her part was just a bit of what you must be experiencing. Praying for you, my dear friend (that I just know on the board)and hoping your recovery is swift. I really do want to see more of your fabulous quilts soon. Hugs and much love..Sharon

brenda21 05-11-2013 06:42 PM

that turned out adorable Sharon!!:thumbup:

Krystyna 05-11-2013 09:13 PM

Sharon, that's too cute! Nice work.

Robin I am STANDING ON MY CHAIR AND YELLING A GOD TO GIVE YOU A BREAK AND i WON'T SHUT UP TIL HE DOES!!!

JuanitaBean 05-11-2013 10:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Robin praying for you. Keep looking up they are lots of praying going out for you .

Will be sending DQ out Monday

mooretll 05-12-2013 02:41 AM

My top is finished and now to quilt and off it will go!
Robin, Many prayers for you. Hope all goes well nd you will be out of pain soon. Hugs

NanaKathy55 05-12-2013 05:18 AM

To all the wonderful talented ladies on the board..May you all have a wonderful Mothers Day..and Robin you are in our prayers!
Kathy

createfourpaws 05-12-2013 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by BertieD (Post 6058468)
Cut the whole quilt into 4 or 9 sections and sew back together! Even crazier and I bet you'd like it better. No long strips then.

I tried your suggestion, and yes it would have worked if I hadn't cut it apart when I was tired and didn't think about making the sections the same size. Now I will have to figure out how to get it back together. UGH I know better.

I have started another one that is not on muslin. Just piecing it together and trimming to get straight lines. I for the long side I am going to put some together in smaller pieces so no long strips.

Krystyna 05-12-2013 06:25 AM

A very happy mother's day to all ... and to all who have lost their mothers ... know that they are with you always!