Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for October 2012 Halloween or Sender's Choice Doll Quilt Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-october-2012-halloween-senders-choice-doll-quilt-swap-t201235.html)

wanda lou 10-24-2012 06:38 PM

Krystyna Praying that you don't get a bad storm.
I will help you anyway I can.

nancia 10-24-2012 08:54 PM

i like everything about halloween and the day of the dead celebration. i have to leave off the bats this year as my mom was terrified of them and this is her first year to be honored.
krystyna we're praying for your health and safety! hope the storm dissipates before it gets near land. don't want anyone to be endangered!

Dragonfly Nana 10-25-2012 01:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looky what I received in the mail yesterday - my lovely DQ from DebbyG! I love the embroidered squares in the Attic window blocks and Debby's FMQ skills are outstanding. My new fur baby, Chaplin, totally approves!
Debby also send a bunch of Halloween strips and embroidery snips - Thank you so much Debby, I love it!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]372291[/ATTACH]

jillnjo 10-25-2012 04:11 AM

Oh, I love attic windows! cute little quilts being sent!

QuilterMomma 10-25-2012 07:40 AM

So glad Nana Val loves the little DQ. I had fun making it. In case you did not know, I did win the Best in Category Machine Quilting for individual. I am so thrilled. Posted on the pictures thread. Did win a third on my jacket but that is ok, will do better next year. See finishing the UFOs has paid off.

Loving the DQs that have been sent in. The Halloween ones sure makes me want to make a few. Keep up the good work girls.

mooretll 10-25-2012 09:41 AM

Krystyna be safe. I know from experience it can be scary when there is a storm coming your way. will be praying for it to turn out before it gets to your area.

Dragonfly Nana 10-25-2012 02:37 PM

Congratulations QuilterMomma! I guess practice really does make perfect.

Krystyna, We are also praying that Sandy swings more out to sea before she hits the winter storm and becomes Frankenstorm :thumbdown:
Plans are already shaping up here for possible shutdowns due to winds, rain, and flooding late on Monday and into Tuesday. One of the hazards of coastal living. Please stay safe.

Krystyna 10-25-2012 03:40 PM

Thanks all for the prayers. I am just praying that my house doesn't wash away. Unfortunately it looks like this will be the big one we've been fearing for years. It's all in God's hands.

I received an adorable little purple quilt from my partner QuiltingMomof3 and have asked her to post pix as we are in the middle of storm preps and I have no idea where my camera is right now. I apologize sincerely for this as I know how much fun it is to share photos.

On another note, QuiltingKrazy is going to step in as alternate hostess since the posting date is after the storm passes through and I'm assuming I will not have power. So a big old thank you for her assistance.

Everyone else in the path of this monster, be safe!

Lv2sew2011 10-25-2012 09:01 PM

Oh My! Prayers said Krystyna, hope it moves away from the States!
Donna

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5610154)
Off Topic -- sort of -- as many of you may know, I live on a sandbar on the Atlantic Ocean. I sure hope predictions are wrong, but it looks like we might be getting the perfect storm this weekend into Monday or Tuesday. I'm going to be preoccupied with preparations to board up the house and possibly evacuate. Can anyone jump in as a back up hostess for this month? If it's as bad as they are thinking it might be, I'll be offline for a while.

Lv2sew2011 10-25-2012 09:02 PM

Awesome little quilt all of them are just great!
Donna

Originally Posted by sewbeadit (Post 5609983)
I am sending out my quilt to HobbyKat 1955 on Monday. I am putting up a picture here because she isn't home and won't receive it until the end of the month. [ATTACH=CONFIG]372226[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]372227[/ATTACH]