Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for October 2012 Halloween or Sender's Choice Doll Quilt Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-october-2012-halloween-senders-choice-doll-quilt-swap-t201235.html)

Krystyna 09-22-2012 01:42 PM

Everyone is welcome to join us no matter what your skill level may be. Making and sharing doll quilts offers a wonderful opportunity to try new techniques, use up scraps in your stash – or an excuse to buy new fabric – and it’s a great way to make new quilty friends.

Here are the details. I know they are long and boring, but please read them.

Doll Quilt Swap #38 – October 2012

Theme: Sender’s Choice or Halloween – Ghosts and Goblins will soon be in the streets begging for treats – or maybe tricks! This month some will want to swap Halloween themed quilts and others will prefer to do something else. The choice is yours … BUT this month you must tell me which you prefer: Halloween or not.

DEADLINES:
1. To join the fun, just send me a PM no later than NOON (EST) on September 30, 2012.
2. Let me know if you want to swap Halloween or not.
3. Please let me know whether you are able to swap internationally as we have a few members who are outside the USA.
4. Let me know you have read the guidelines and make sure your QB mailbox isn’t full.

Partner Assignment: Partners will be assigned on October 1st. Find your partner at our Group Home here http://www.quiltingboard.com/groups/...group-g14.html

Mailing Deadline: You must have your quilt in the mail no later than October 31st. PLEASE – if you plan on making a Halloween quilt – be sure your partner gets it well BEFORE Halloween! If you do not think you can meet that deadline, you might want to wait a month or two until your schedule frees up and you don’t feel pressured.

DOLL QUILT SWAP GUIDELINES

SIZE:
Doll quilts can be between 12”x12” to 24”x24” or any size or shape in between. If your finished quilt measures 24" x 26", or 11" x 13" it's fine. No worries or excessive rules for this swap.

MATERIALS: Most participants use cotton, but you can use any other natural fiber like wool, linen or silk.

EMBELLISHMENTS: Let your creativity rule. Add beads, buttons, ribbon, lace, rickrack, or whatever if you feel like it. Or add nothing at all. It’s up to you.

CONSTRUCTION: Pick your technique. Doll quilts may be pieced, appliquéd, wholecloth, quilted by hand or quilted by machine. All quilts should have binding.

LABEL: Please add a label or sign your quilt on the back with your name and the date. It is a wonderful record of your work and years from now, it will help your partner remember who made this magnificent work of art! If your quilt is reversible and you don’t want to sign it, please include a card or attach a removable tag with your Quilting Board name or real name if different.

MANNERS: Don’t for get to thank your partner. A simple post on the thread for the month is terrific, but a PM is nicer still. Please leave feedback for your partner.

HELP YOUR HOSTESS KEEP TRACK: When you mail off your quilt, please send me a PM. Also send one when you receive a quilt you’re your partner. This will help me keep track and to ensure that everyone receives a quilt.

PHOTOS: At the Quilting Board we love photos! A big part of the doll quilt fun is seeing what everyone has created, but as with most things in life, there is a little etiquette to follow. Usually the receiver will post a photo, but not everyone has a camera, so please photograph your quilt before you send it just in case. Don’t post a photo until your partner receives your quilt so the surprise won’t be spoiled. If you cannot post a photo, please ask your partner to do so.

PARTNERS: Once sign up has ended, I will assign partners. I will try to pair you with someone you haven’t had as a swap partner previously. You will make a quilt for your partner and s/he will make one for you. Please PM your partner to share physical addresses. Do not post addresses on this thread. Although there is a theme and it is often sender’s choice, it is always nice to ask if your partner has any preferences.

COMMUNICATION: If something unexpected comes up and for any reason you cannot meet the deadline or need to drop out of the swap, please let me know as soon as you know. If you take the time to communicate any difficulties, I can make sure things work out favorably for you and your partner with no hard feelings as a result. If, however, you just disappear off the face of the earth, you will not be permitted to participate in future swaps until you make good on your commitment.

DOLL QUILT GROUP – Besides this thread, there is a Doll Quilt group on the Quilting Board. There you can upload photos, start discussions on ideas for themes, share resources about techniques for doll quilts and other mini quilts, and whatever you want to do. It’s your group, so you decide!
Join here http://www.quiltingboard.com/groups/...group-g14.html

wanda lou 09-22-2012 01:48 PM

count me in for Halloween.

brenda21 09-22-2012 02:06 PM

Since I just uncovered some adorable Halloween charms that I forgot I had, and I missed you all last month...I'll play again...will make a Halloween dq and getting Halloween is fine for me.....BOO!!

Quilty-Louise 09-22-2012 02:35 PM

meeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Halloween is good for me.

QuiltingKrazy 09-22-2012 04:05 PM

Trick or Treat! I'm in!

Krystyna 09-22-2012 04:16 PM

Everyone must be out at the Joann's coupon commotion stocking up on Halloween fabric ... slow start to the month!

oowee 09-22-2012 04:53 PM

count me in Please!!! It doesn't matter to me Halloween or not!!!! Wherever you need me!!!!

Dragonfly Nana 09-22-2012 05:15 PM

Boo!

I am ready to make a treat for my partner - Halloween style.

Judith1005 09-22-2012 05:51 PM

Yeah, I am in for trick or treat time also. Sweet Halloween Treats to all.:) Ghosts and Ghouls BEWARE....

buslady 09-22-2012 06:41 PM

Me too, me too!