Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Winter, Winter/Holidays, Holidays Block Swap!! Sign ups til Oct. 29 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/winter-winter-holidays-holidays-block-swap-sign-ups-til-oct-29-a-t199801.html)

QuilterMomma 10-31-2012 07:52 AM

I will leave these as is then and get the one set bordered. RW will we be getting these back before Thanksgiving? Just wondering because if I don't get to go to Montana for the weekend, would love to work on this quilt that weekend while putting up Christmas decorations and such. Would just pull in the holiday spirit and my daughter has already been asking about it, she is more excited than I am. When you get that response from a receipient, you can't help but get to work on a quilt.

QuilterMomma 10-31-2012 07:53 AM

Oh, just lvoe that cowboy Christmas block.

rwquilts 10-31-2012 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5625516)
I will leave these as is then and get the one set bordered. RW will we be getting these back before Thanksgiving? Just wondering because if I don't get to go to Montana for the weekend, would love to work on this quilt that weekend while putting up Christmas decorations and such. Would just pull in the holiday spirit and my daughter has already been asking about it, she is more excited than I am. When you get that response from a receipient, you can't help but get to work on a quilt.

The last date to wait for blocks to arrive is Nov. 12. My plan is to have the blocks swapped out by Saturday the 17th and heading home by Mon. the 19th. But please don't hold my feet to the fire and burn me if something happens and I have to make minor adjustments? I will definately have them in the mail before Thanksgiving, but some may not receive them that quickly...just depends upon how quickly and accurately I can swap these puppies out and if everyone sends the blocks sooner than the 12th, I can begin swapping a bit earlier. :)

QuilterMomma 10-31-2012 08:24 AM

Glad I live near you because if you put in mail on the 21st, I will have by 23rd then. That would be cool. If, I am not going to Montana. Won't know until they tell daughter if she gets her vacation time for then and DH may have to work. I did not mean to put pressure on you RW, just palnning my world of UFOs that are to be done if I need to occupy my time that weekend. I am using the Christmas tree for the Craft show so it will be set up anyway. That will really put us in the mood for the holiday. LOL You are such a dear Ronda.

rwquilts 10-31-2012 08:27 AM

I've suggested to DH that we start watching the Christmas movies (we have a bazillion) and he looked at me like I was insane...really???? Oh yea...he's not in my studio working with christmas fabrics and blocks...duh! LOL! :)

Pink Lady 10-31-2012 08:27 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Love the cowboy boots but then I love all the blocks:) What a week it has been here and it is not near over.We are doing major reno,s and well on the weekend my red nose reindeer took off with my Kaleidoscope blocks and the button for the snow cats can not be found:( I have looked everywhere. Will be mailing my blocks tomorrow without the reindeer if he does not show up:( Then I measure the joy blocks and they are only 6 1/4 so will not be sending them grrr will have to make wall hangings with them. Not been my week so far my truck also die and $3000 plus to fix it so it will be going to the graveyard for trucks.On the plus side I did get a new window that opens in a room that will be mt new sewing room.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]373634[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]373635[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]373636[/ATTACH]Wish I had of measure the joy blocks before I made them all:) Just was not thinking the pattern said 6 inches that will teach me. Will post more in a bit the storm is getting closer so better turn this off for now.

rwquilts 10-31-2012 08:32 AM

Pink Lady, can't wait to get your blocks! So pretty! The Joy blocks will make a terrific wall hanging though and I may even copy your idea for my own home if you don't mind? :) Sorry about the finance issues...those are never fun I know.

craft phanatic 10-31-2012 09:50 AM

Pink Lady, those blocks are awesome!

owlvamp 10-31-2012 10:46 AM

Pink Lady beautiful blocks. Yep not much longer.

javin22 10-31-2012 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5624066)
I trimmed up these three sets. Trimmed up my bells, but they need a border because the design did not fit neatly in the required package I had in mind. So need to add to them to get them squared up.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]373521[/ATTACH]

OH WOW!!! Absolutely Spectacualar!! I LOVE The Sleigh ride, it is to die for. The blue is perfect!!