Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 130 of 196 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 129 130 131 140 180 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1960

Thread: Quilting Board's First Scrap Club

Quote Originally Posted by IBQLTN View Post
    Thanks, VickiM that was a great mini-tute and your bags are too cute! Do you mind if I ask you what you sell them for? I am hosting our first 'real' public craft show at our church in October and don't know how to price the things I make. Of course, hat being said, I know a lot of it depends on where you are in the country.

What puzzled me about the post from RWQuilts was the reference to "padded" vinyl. If you were to quilt vinyl on a sewing machine it would leave needle holes which I would think would 'leak' through if something spilled.

I'm curious to know if it is a special fabric and if so where would one find it. Can't believe there's a fabric out there that slipped through my radar of must have or at least must try!

Peggy
    I charge $8 for mine. I'm up here on the panhandle. The way I do mine, the vinyl is treated as one for the lining, so you can quilt your outside bag fabric...works well & no holes in the vinyl. Hope this helps. I've never heard of the padded vinyl.

Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    I buy lightweight vinyl with a padding already on it. Since I don't plan on carrying water in my makeup bags, they do very nicely for makeup and spills. I don't use large needles either, but you certainly don't have to use what I use...different strokes for different folks.
    Rhonda, where do you buy the padded vinyl. If it's chain store what section of the fabric would I look in?

Thanks,
    Peggy

VickiM,

So just the 'table cloth' vinyl you buy at Wal-mart or JoAnns? Are you using the thinnest one? Do you include any laundry instructions when you sell them (hand wash, line dry?)

I'm on the opposite side of the state. Do you ever come to the Quilt Expo in Jacksonville? If so, maybe we'd have the opportunity to meet and do lunch one day.

Peggy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IBQLTN View Post
    VickiM,

So just the 'table cloth' vinyl you buy at Wal-mart or JoAnns? Are you using the thinnest one? Do you include any laundry instructions when you sell them (hand wash, line dry?)

I'm on the opposite side of the state. Do you ever come to the Quilt Expo in Jacksonville? If so, maybe we'd have the opportunity to meet and do lunch one day.

Peggy
    This is what I use as well, but call it padded vinyl, cause it's padded?

Blog Entries
    any idea as to what the next swap will be, even a hint...so I can get a head start on it. Thanks

This is a fun scrap dresden quilt. http://www.redpepperquilts.com/2013/...ate-Quilt.html

Blog Entries
    what do you want in the next swap? I open to suggestions!!

I think bags of any kind would be good. It could be a tote or a purse or a makeup bag?

Okay let me know if you want to sign up for this. I can do a bag swap and then do whatever you all want after that one.

Blog Entries

Scrappy bag swap sign up - mail by wed may 24

Here we go again!

1.Lynnie

Happily buried in a heap of fabric in Indiana!
    Please sign me in to the swap I have only been able to do one so far!
    Sew, sew, it's the threads that keep love together :>} I love sunbonnet sue,old-fashioned things like 1950's or older housewife things, and like hankies,tea towels and aprons . Thanks to some lovely members on here I now have lots of aprons in my collection !!

Blog Entries
    i like the idea of a small bag, like makeup or sewing

Page 130 of 196 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 129 130 131 140 180 ... LastLast