Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilting Board's First Scrap Club >

Quilting Board's First Scrap Club

Quilting Board's First Scrap Club

Old 07-07-2013, 05:31 AM

I mailed mine out on friday July 5th... and my partner was going to do the same. rwquilts -- Love the bags and I can see a beautiful quilt with all those squares!!!!!!! You have a fantastic variety of very pretty blues !!
Old 07-07-2013, 07:34 AM
Power Poster

what a nice assortment of blues, and beautiful bags too
Old 07-07-2013, 08:21 AM

I wouldn't mind more scraps. One of my projects that I am working on is a Bonnie Hunter pineapple quilt. The blocks finish at 5", and have about 46 pieces each, so in the beginning of each block, I can use very small pieces.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:42 AM

Hi Red,

Love all of the fun scrap quilty projects you've done! I'd love to take some of your scraps to free your guilt, if you want. It's amazing to me how many of you produce so many items so quickly. I'm still in the stage where I'm collecting fabric. Thanks for all of the eye-candy!

Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
It's been a while since I've posted what I've been working on. I took down my blue scrappy fabrics bin and for 2 weeks did nothing but work on projects made from those scraps. They included making some makeup bags and a larger bag. I also cut out squares for future projects and then made 6" strip blocks. With my smaller pieces and strips I then made 110 4 1/2" crumb blocks and finally just got exhausted and bagged up the remaining scraps back in a bag. Sigh...but it was a good start. Still have reds, yellows, browns/blacks, greens, purples, pinks, and tons of whites! If I decide to just give a bunch away to free up my guilt, would any of you be interested in more scraps???
Old 07-07-2013, 09:16 AM

Wow! those are all just wonderful! your really have been busy. Great job!
Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
It's been a while since I've posted what I've been working on. I took down my blue scrappy fabrics bin and for 2 weeks did nothing but work on projects made from those scraps. They included making some makeup bags and a larger bag. I also cut out squares for future projects and then made 6" strip blocks. With my smaller pieces and strips I then made 110 4 1/2" crumb blocks and finally just got exhausted and bagged up the remaining scraps back in a bag. Sigh...but it was a good start. Still have reds, yellows, browns/blacks, greens, purples, pinks, and tons of whites! If I decide to just give a bunch away to free up my guilt, would any of you be interested in more scraps???
Old 07-07-2013, 11:51 PM

I'd be happy to pay postage if you want to send some my way! Any color would work. Let me know....
Old 07-08-2013, 04:24 AM

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Those of you who would like some scraps, please pm me with your address. I'm still in the "separating" myself phase of being able to pass on some scraps without my insides screaming "NO"!!!!! LOL! So it might take a few weeks, but I feel it's a good thing to do.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Judy5cents shows has left Spokane, I did not do tracking on cognitos though.
Hey Quiltermomma! I got home last night and found my selveges. Woo hoo, fabulous! Don't know which day they came cause we were at daughters for weekend. Funny I forgot to get tracking on yours too! Don't remember even what day I sent, but it was priority....hope you like your scraps, it took me longer to get sent cause I kept finding little cubby holes of scraps. Sheesh I had no idea I was stashing my scraps all over the place!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:48 AM

I am already saving more for you if you like. I have a large canister that had licorice in it so will have a good smell when done. LOL. Most of those were long ones. Did I get them right for you? What do you use those for anyway? I have not received your package yet, looking forward to it.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
I am already saving more for you if you like. I have a large canister that had licorice in it so will have a good smell when done. LOL. Most of those were long ones. Did I get them right for you? What do you use those for anyway? I have not received your package yet, looking forward to it.
Yep, right on target! Yum, I love licorice so will look forward to those selveges! I am going to make a quilt with them so you can imagine how many I need.
I will continue to look for scraps, I know there has to be more....unless my daughter has squirreled more than I thought, lol.