Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilting Board's First Scrap Club >

Quilting Board's First Scrap Club

Quilting Board's First Scrap Club

Old 09-12-2013, 11:10 AM

I'd be willing to swap depression blocks- do you only use tone on tone fabrics in your blocks? and what size of half square triangles? I have a ton of HSTs right now, all different types of fabrics, and been looking for a pattern to use them in. They are all 3.5". Do yours all have the same background, as in the picture? And the same color of corners, like the picture? I'd also be willing to swap some of these HSTs. I don't just have all cream or white backgrounds, but I'd rather my scrap quilts didn't. I also have other sizes of HSTs.
I'd also be willing to swap some shorter strings; I don't have 42" strings.
it would probably be easier for me to do side swaps, as I need a little extra time, due to my health constraints.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:18 AM

I am tight on time right now until after the quilt show otherwise would like to do a depression block swap. I can't commit till November though.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
I have decided I won't be making anything with my selvages. I'll swap narrow strips (1" the smallest) for some. Got a busy week and weekend ahead so can't do it immediately.
------------

I would gladly swap 1" strips in exchange for your selvage strips!!

I'll PM you.

Jane
Old 09-13-2013, 09:15 AM

//Do yours all have the same background, as in the picture? And the same color of corners, like the picture?//

That was just an example of the Depression block. We (or Rhonda) can decide the details.

Jane
Old 09-13-2013, 09:41 AM

Yes! I'm interested in doing a swap. Any quilt block is fine with me. Whatever others want to do is fine. Sign me up.

Jane
Old 09-13-2013, 10:08 AM

Did this swap take off? Or is there still interest ? I'd be willing to swap some of either patterns or another if agreed upon. Send me sizes, types of fabric, civil war, depression whatever. thanks, jerilee
Old 09-13-2013, 01:33 PM

I could swap depression style squares, any size of square of mixed style fabrics. I have drawers full of every size from 1 1/2" up to 6 1/2", and quite a few HSTs in many sizes up to 3 1/2". I just can't do a group swap, due to postage costs. I have a few civil war fabrics that I would like to get a few more pieces of different ones, and I'd like to swap larger pieces of white on black fabrics for a sampler quilt I'd like to start. I am open to swapping with several people to get different fabrics exchanged in my size drawers.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:02 PM

I love scraps and scrappy quilts. This sounds like a good place for me. Thanks for starting this group.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:39 PM

Here is what I've been doing with scraps lately. This is a homemade greeting card. One of you fabulous ladies inspired me with a homemade card in one the the swaps. These hexagons have 1/4" sides. I'm working on an actual quilt project with 1.25" hexagons using I-spy type scraps and pieces from larger fabrics.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]435813[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails blackberryhexiesresized.jpg  
Old 09-13-2013, 09:35 PM
Power Poster

Default Swap Sign Up

Okay here is what I am seeing.
Looks like Oksewglad and jclinganrey can swap strips -selvedge for 1" strips
Goldendog55 /jerilee/ Janice and jclinganrey would like to exchange blocks.
Ladies on the block swap give me a concensus if you'd like to each do the same block or each do your own choice block.

so anyone else interested in joining in a swap??

goldendog55

I'd be willing to swap depression blocks- do you only use tone on tone fabrics in your blocks? and what size of half square triangles? I have a ton of HSTs right now, all different types of fabrics, and been looking for a pattern to use them in. They are all 3.5". Do yours all have the same background, as in the picture? And the same color of corners, like the picture? I'd also be willing to swap some of these HSTs. I don't just have all cream or white backgrounds, but I'd rather my scrap quilts didn't. I also have other sizes of HSTs.
I'd also be willing to swap some shorter strings; I don't have 42" strings.
it would probably be easier for me to do side swaps, as I need a little extra time, due to my health constraints
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I could swap depression style squares, any size of square of mixed style fabrics. I have drawers full of every size from 1 1/2" up to 6 1/2", and quite a few HSTs in many sizes up to 3 1/2". I just can't do a group swap, due to postage costs. I have a few civil war fabrics that I would like to get a few more pieces of different ones, and I'd like to swap larger pieces of white on black fabrics for a sampler quilt I'd like to start. I am open to swapping with several people to get different fabrics exchanged in my size drawers.\
================================================

jerilee

Did this swap take off? Or is there still interest ? I'd be willing to swap some of either patterns or another if agreed upon. Send me sizes, types of fabric, civil war, depression whatever. thanks, jerilee
================================================== ====

jclinganrey

Yes! I'm interested in doing a swap. Any quilt block is fine with me. Whatever others want to do is fine. Sign me up.

Jane
--------------------------

oksewglad

Janice McC

I'm collecting scrappy Depression Blocks right now and I'd love to do an exchange or side swap with you or anyone interested. If a side swap, just PM me or post here for an exchange and I'll jump right in!