Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 169 of 196 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 168 169 170 179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1960

Thread: Quilting Board's First Scrap Club

SandyinZ4, thanks for the tip. For those tiny hexies I glued the graph paper on the fabric, cut them out, and then just glued them to the card. I worked well that way. I can see cutting out tiny squares or triangles with a rotary cutter, but the tiny hexies were going to take forever that way. I use this website http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/trianglehex.html to print free customizable hexie graph paper. They also have 60 degree triangles, variable triangles, parallelograms, and octagons. It's pretty cool. I've been printing large hexies with it for English paper piecing. Works like a charm.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    Phyllis I'm fine with setting up a 2 1/2" if we have anyone interested. No problem at all.

Golden as long as your partner is fine with it the mailing date can be open ended.

I'll wait until this next Fri for sign ups and then we'll set up the swap. So if anyone is interested jump in!
    the rules can be as lax as you all are willing. I'm easy to work with.

1. goldendog - block/ HSTs/ strings/fabric swatches
    2. jerilee - block
    3. jclinganrey- block/strips
    4. Janice McC - block
    5. oksewglad - 1" strips
    6. sunrise450 -2 1/2"

Okay I had this list ready to post before I saw jcling's post. so we can do a block swap first and then if anyone is interested a 2 1/2" swap.

sunrise450 is that squares HSTs or strips?

Rhonda,
    Thats 21/2" strips.
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

Please make the mail date ~~ Nov 1st. I'm finishing the wall hanging swap and a few other obligations before I can tackle this.

Shouldn't the swap be more like 4-6 blocks per person??

Jane
    September - Scrappy Block swap - Three Dudes in Batiks!
    October - Scrappy Block swap - Simply Woven by Jessica Kelly - Moda Bake Shop
    November - Scrappy Block swap - Florabunda aka Jacobs Ladder in Florals - Bonnie Hunter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
    Please make the mail date ~~ Nov 1st. I'm finishing the wall hanging swap and a few other obligations before I can tackle this.

Shouldn't the swap be more like 4-6 blocks per person??

Jane
    You can talk to your partner and set the mail date to suit you jclinganrey. I have no problem with that.
    as to the quilt blocks I am fine with whatever anyone wants to do. I just set one so noone would think they had to do more than they want.

since the rules are flexible talk to your partner when you get one and I am sure you can work out something you both are happy with.

Blog Entries
    Here is a link to my latest projects - mugrugs and pincushions
    Mugrugs and Pincushions

Blog Entries
    Foxflower love your card--I like the link you posted as well.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Thanks oksewglad. It was fun to do.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    Okay everyone tomarrow is the last day to sign up for a quilt block swap!! Please let me know before mid tomarrow night!!

I'll post partners on Sat!!

And if anyone else is interested in a 2 1/2" swap I need to know that too!! come on everyone this thread has been too quiet lately! Let's get busy again and have some scrappy fun here!!!

yes, I'll do 2.5"! Do you want strips or squares? How many? If any of my side swaps haven't heard from me yet, I currently have an abcessed tooth and gout, and will get to you soon-just am too tired to write much!

Blog Entries
    I would love to do the 2 1/2" swap. Put my name on the list. Just tell me how many strips to send who.

Have a great day everyone. Cold and windy here - fall/winter is coming to North Dakota.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

Page 169 of 196 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 168 169 170 179 ... LastLast