Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 33 of 196 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 83 133 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilting Board's First Scrap Club

The name of the quilt is Cross-Terrain, you may find the instructions if you search the web, that is where I found it.

Jelly Roll would be perfect - it uses 2.5" strips. For each 'quarter' you will need a 2.5" x 5.5" scrap rectangle with a 2.5 white square sewed on corner. A 2.5" x 3.5" white with a 1.5" square scrap sewed on the corner and to this piece you sew a 2.5" scrap square. Then sew this piece to the 2.5"x 5.5" rectangle piece to make your quaretr block. 3 more make a "circle" block

I am not at home for another fortnight, at our fishing shack sewing like crazy and I will be starting another one of these quilts tomorrow so I will try and take a couple of pics of this process if I can.
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Linda,

So sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. I lost my mom 7 years ago today. I try to concentrate on the good and not dwell on the suffering because I know she is now 100% healthy and happily watching over me.

I'm following along here and when you're ready for more swaps I'll be watching. I have orphan blocks and scraps. If we are going to exchange scrappy blocks, for one swap could we settle on 1 or 2 block patterns to use? Such as a star or snails trail, log cabin, 9-patch, churn dash, etc.?
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    Boy am I late to the party. But, I found ya!

Amazing stuff being posted here. Wow!
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

My orphan blocks are various sizes and shapes, no particular pattern for each, just random patterns.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas. I want to share with all of you what I am working on at the moment. Granddaughter asked if I would make an Elmo quilt. So here it is it will go to my greatgrandson His name is Kody one of the blocks has his picture. I am surprising them with added photo blocks to the quilt. Kody cherishes my son when my son is around no one exists to Kody except my son. I am going to sash around the blocks with black. The outer border will have Elmo and Cookie Monster doing football. Name:  Kody Elmo quilt in progress.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  394.0 KB

Woderful quilt. I know he will love it.

Blog Entries
    very nice I like it

what a cute quilt a bit of elmo a bit of eye spy KODY I spy.. it will be loved. love the colors too now that is a happy quilt.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Rhonda, here is a thought. Why don't you do a scrappy quiltalong. Find a neat pattern and we can all do it together. How does that sound?

Page 33 of 196 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 83 133 ... LastLast