Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilting in the New Year Swap - February 2011 >

Quilting in the New Year Swap - February 2011

Quilting in the New Year Swap - February 2011

Old 01-18-2011, 08:43 AM

Welcome to Quilting in the New Year Swap – February 2011 - registration closed

This is a swap that would enable you to be paired up with another ‘Quilting Pal’ and swap a quilted item that each has made. It can be either machine or hand quilted. The Quilting Pals would know who each other is and can chat about their projects throughout the whole month. This would just be for February 2011. If things go well then we can ask for permission to carry it over for another month. You would be signing up for one month at a time.

Beginner quilters as well as experienced quilters are invited to join. Every attempt will be made to match you up with a quilter who is at the same level of experience. (If an experienced quilter would like to be matched with a beginner and to be his/her mentor, please let me know.)

If you are international, feel free to join!

If you are interested in joining, please send me a Private message with the following information.

Screen Name:
Address:
Level of Quilting Experience:
Can you mail international?
Size and type of project you’d be interested in doing (wall hanging, table topper, potholders, etc.):
Allergies:

This form will be given to your swap partners. Partners may choose to exchange additional information about such things as color preferences, specific type of project, etc. Partners are reminded that this is a swap. Please avoid issuing too many specifications as though you were placing an order with a commercial business. The elements of mystery and surprise are at least half the fun.

Partners will exchange their real names, email addresses and mailing addresses once both parties have completed their projects.

The cost limit on this is to be $10 (USA) excluding postage.

Sign up will close February 7, 2011. The names will be paired up by February 9, 2011. Partners are responsible for keeping in touch during the month to keep each other updated on the progress of the project.

All of the standard rules that apply to swaps apply. The rules were updated on 8 Dec 2010, so please make sure to check them before signing up.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

In addition:
Neither project will be sent out/exchanged until both are done. Partners will agree on a specific date on which each will put their package into the mail. Unless otherwise agreed by both partners, the projects should all be done and in the mail by March 9, 2011. Tracking information should be sent to the Coordinator.

If you'd like to check to see if you are signed up for this swap, go to:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...sp?gracnum=109

Coordinated by: BonniFeltz
(If you want to be added to this group activity, then please send a private message to the coordinator.)
Old 01-29-2011, 12:41 PM
cjr

Have to pass for Feb. To many irons in fire. I need to finish ufos. I'll be in for March
Old 01-29-2011, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by cjr
Have to pass for Feb. To many irons in fire. I need to finish ufos. I'll be in for March
You'll be missed but totally understand about the UFO's. :) Hope to see you in March.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:40 AM

Your Partners have been assigned. If I need to change anybody (like I missed allergies, etc.) let me know.

Have fun everybody!

I'm off to contact my partner now.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:54 AM

Hello Bonnie, Thanks for the pm, hello kherrin, this months partner,we need to iron out details......
wow, this is probably the only time I'm allowed to use the I word!!
Old 02-09-2011, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by lindyline
Hello Bonnie, Thanks for the pm, hello kherrin, this months partner,we need to iron out details......
wow, this is probably the only time I'm allowed to use the I word!!
LOL. You can use the word, you just aren't allowed to do it. LOL.

I have been in contact with my partner this month, Rehrensberger, and we are asking questions to see where we will go. I just checked my delivery confirmation and it says that my EQ7 had been delivered. Hopefull it will be in my mailbox when I get home. Have never used it before but might try to on this project. :)

How is everybody else doing? Getting responses to partners questions? Contacting partners?

Curious minds would like to know. :)
Old 02-09-2011, 03:39 PM

In contact with my partner - pennyj123 and I think we are doing paper pieced miniatures.
This is so much fun.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by dream56
In contact with my partner - pennyj123 and I think we are doing paper pieced miniatures.
This is so much fun.
Wow, never even considered this one. Kherrin and I are swapping table runners, maybe we could incorporate a couple of things.Need to think more about this one.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:18 AM

All decisions made - Let the sewing begin
Old 02-16-2011, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by dream56
All decisions made - Let the sewing begin
Yep.....I made up my decision on what to make and it will be done by hand. :) I heard that my partner likes teal. A hard color to work with ...ok, more like hard to match sometimes...but I think I have it figured out.

Let the quilting begin. :)