Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 24 of 134 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Blog Entries
    Whew!!! Got my blocks done....now to start on the sash...maybe after Christmas....

Here's wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!!!! Hoping everyone has enough to eat and are staying warm..God Bless.

I'm still picking out fabrics for islandwiz1's quilt. Hope to post some pics of the fabrics to get feedback

on my choices. I'm worried that the quilt may read a little "VANILLA". The fabrics are gorgeous, and in

assorted blues with a "touch of sparkle", I also have a green for leaves to place here and there. Please give me

your thought and ideas....I will NOT be offended....just want a little in-put OK, here are my fabrics....so far.Name:  010.JPG
Views: 594
Size:  140.8 KBName:  011.JPG
Views: 594
Size:  228.1 KBName:  012.JPG
Views: 597
Size:  204.8 KBName:  014.JPG
Views: 598
Size:  245.4 KB
    This is all fabs
    Happiness is a form of travel...not a destination.

Blog Entries
    MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!! Have a great HOLIDAY and all stay safe!!
    jigs1354
    Jigs1354
    A clean house is the sign of an empty mind, a house has to be done again tomorrow, but hand work last for ever.
    By Unknown

Merry Christmas to you all! I have a few pieces cut for my quilt to my partner and liking it! It could be a bit intimidating swapping with a LA quilter, but we'll see....
    jillnjo

wuv2quilt, those fabric are gorgeous, and I especially love the lime in with the white and navy.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    wuv2quilt, I agree with foxflower, the colors really go together the lime brings it out to me...its hard to pick out the fabric, wanting to make it right for our quilting partners.

Oooofff I am glad I am not the only one intimidated. Anna

Quote Originally Posted by jillnjo View Post
    Merry Christmas to you all! I have a few pieces cut for my quilt to my partner and liking it! It could be a bit intimidating swapping with a LA quilter, but we'll see....
    Anna Quilts

i think the fabrics are realy pretty wuv2quilt but what if you thew in some solids or tots with some sparkle? i think the lime green realy setts it off.

Blog Entries
    Wuv2qlt, the blues are fabulous, but are you really sure of the lime green? I see that others think it sets it off, but I think it does it to much. It looks like a sore thumb hanging out there. If you are doing in real moderation, a little here and there, may work, I would get a softer green to tone it down a bit if you are going to do a green. You could always throw in a white on white which would look great. What block are you making or pattern? That may be your biggest factor in deciding. Your blues are fabulous, blue being my favorite color. Did you put in a beige, brown, or tan color to see how that looks?
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Wuv2qlt, the blues are fabulous, but are you really sure of the lime green? I see that others think it sets it off, but I think it does it to much. It looks like a sore thumb hanging out there. If you are doing in real moderation, a little here and there, may work, I would get a softer green to tone it down a bit if you are going to do a green. You could always throw in a white on white which would look great. What block are you making or pattern? That may be your biggest factor in deciding. Your blues are fabulous, blue being my favorite color. Did you put in a beige, brown, or tan color to see how that looks?
    I'm making islandwiz1 a pointed Dresden plate. I had thought to use the green for leaves around a few of the plates. BUT, after chatting with my partner, I'll be going a different route.....pastels . I have a beautiful off-white with soft lavender pansy's and pale greenery....paired with some pastel blue, purple, and greens. YUMMY
    I'm trying to figure WHERE to post pics so that islandwiz1 DOES NOT see them.....she want's to be surprised.

Ok, I'm off to my Quilt Shack to do some organizing, and sewing.
    Happy, Safe , and Blessed Holidays to All!
    Happiness is a form of travel...not a destination.

Page 24 of 134 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 74 124 ... LastLast