Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Count me in will send info shortly

Blog Entries
    This is very exciting. I spent some time this evening comparing who wants what with who wants to make what; so far so good. We do have almost two more months before the signup closes. This is very fun (for me, at least). :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boohoofish
    Very interested in this but a question - how is the quilt to be quilted? by hand, LAQ or domestic machine. Can it be a mixture of two types of quilting. Carol
    I am pretty sure I will be LAQ mine.... :lol: ;)

The due date would have to be 2020 if I were to hand quilt something?? :roll:

Blog Entries
    It's up to the maker of the quilt how they would like to quilt it. Just keep in mind that it has to be complete and sent to your swap partner by July 15, 2012.

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    Sent in my info and very excited for this swap!!! Never had a quilt made for me and this is going to be so much fun!

Blog Entries
    Oooh! When tealfalcon submits her answers, we'll have TWENTY participants. (I have no idea what a typical size is for a swap...)

I want to encourage folks to get as specific as possible about what they want to receive and make. It's really okay to ask for what you WANT! (It also will help me match partners!)

Blog Entries
    22 and growing (I hope!)... By the way, non-U.S. board members are welcome to sign up! We have one from Canada; another from Australia! I will connect people willing & able to deal with international shipping costs.

I think I'd like to do this but my experience is limited, I am mostly a scrappy/ piecer in my quilting, I do have an embroidery machine so I could do an embroidered quilt if anyone wanted, I would also like to experience something other than what I would normally do for myself, but I REALLY dislike civil war/1930's repos and pastels. So have I disqualified myself from this swap?

Quote Originally Posted by Terryl
    I think I'd like to do this but my experience is limited, I am mostly a scrappy/ piecer in my quilting, I do have an embroidery machine so I could do an embroidered quilt if anyone wanted, I would also like to experience something other than what I would normally do for myself, but I REALLY dislike civil war/1930's repos and pastels. So have I disqualified myself from this swap?
    Terryl, I would be thrilled to receive one of your quilts. Everybody starts somewhere.

Blog Entries
    Terryl, it sounds to me like you've QUALIFIED yourself for this swap. We have participants with a range of experiences. Please do join.
    The instructions are in the first message of this thread. (Page 1.)

Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 53 103 ... LastLast