Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 53 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 43 52 53 54 63 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Yes! My partner and I have been in contact and things are moving forward. I know the fabrics and pattern I am making for her and excited to get it started when I return home next week. I'm loving the quilts that have been shared here.

Sending prayers for a speedy recovery Rose and others with health issues. Spring is just around the corner! Time of renewal and rejoicing!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Ditto prayers going out.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Okay, I have an updated participation chart (and figured out how to add numbers to the pie pieces). Things are looking good. Here it is:

Name:  Screen shot 2012-03-22 at 8.24.24 AM.png
Views: 153
Size:  46.6 KB

The colors are really close-- especially the blues. 1 person hasn't responded (that light blue on top); 3 people have completed and shipped (the darker blue next to it), and 11 people are 25% complete (larger turquoise blue lower left).

-- Jillaine
    jillaine
    Bust Your Stash! (ongoing and open)

Blog Entries
    Okay... I have finished going through all the data. And my apologies to those of you I sent confusing messages to. I used to be really good at record keeping and organizing, but that skill seems to have disappeared along with my monthly periods.

Turns out we have "one girl out". Tam...Moo is 60% complete with the quilt she's making for her partner; unfortunately, her partner had to drop out due to nursing school demands. Now, Tam...Moo has communicated it's okay not to find her another partner. But hey. The girl's got a 60% complete quilt to give someone (unless she's decided to send it to the nursing student anyway)! And I don't think ANYONE should have to lose out because they lost their partner. So... Here's what Tam...Moo... initially said she'd like to have:

"Would love to receive a quilt with some applique in it. I love the 30s prints and small prints. I am partial to turquoise blue and don't particularly like orange or green."

What do you think, folks?
    jillaine

Blog Entries
    I have been working on one of those 30s prints quilts and the border could end up being the turquoise blue. I have started the appliques. This goes along with the other one I am making Whigrose so if she wants, I am game. It is on my list to do anyway.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    I am so honored that you would want to make a quilt for me. I didn't expect anyone to make more than one. I would love to swap with you. I am so excited to get to get to know you.
    "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold" - Friends on this Quilting Board are treasures indeed!

If someone is making Tam...Moo a quilt using reproductions, I have a small piece of reproduction turquoise flower print I'm done with and could pass on.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    Wow, I love this group.
    Okay, looks like QuilterMomma is going for the world record-- and doing so supports her getting another UFO done.
    Tam...Moo, you have a new partner. AND QuilterMomma: see if the fabric FoxFlower is offering is something you could use, if you need any more fabric.

Wow. I LOVE YOU ALL! ;-)
    jillaine

Okay Quiltermomma and Tam...Moo. Here is a pic of the fabric I have. It is 18.5 x 20.5. I thought you both might like to see it. Quiltermomma, I'll mail it to you IF you want to use it. If not, that's fine, I'll just retain it in my stash.
    Name:  008.JPG
Views: 133
Size:  182.5 KB
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    Fox flower that is so kind of you...I do love the fabric but I am so happy just to leave all the decisions to quilter momma since she is doing all of the work and I know I will love whatever she creates. I am still so appreciative and impressed with her generosity.
    "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold" - Friends on this Quilting Board are treasures indeed!

Page 53 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 43 52 53 54 63 103 ... LastLast