Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Repeat a boom #2 - Signups Have Closed >

Repeat a boom #2 - Signups Have Closed

Repeat a boom #2 - Signups Have Closed

Old 08-10-2014, 05:32 AM

Hello Fellow Swappers!

Waiting to see who will be the first to post a photo of a finished block for this Swap ...

Bizzy here...
Bee
Old 08-15-2014, 12:06 PM

Me too. Bizzy. How is everyone doing? We are all winding down from our summer activities with kids, grandkids going back to school and perhaps some of us have a little more time. I am starting on my blocks today. I am going to do the Grandma garden one first because it looks complicated. Decided I would get them one out of the way first. Anyone else started on theirs????

Barb
Old 08-16-2014, 07:37 AM

I just thought of something. If we post pictures they will all look the same. LOL. This weekend is the Yorba Linda Quilt Daze. So I will be there on Sunday to help man our booth from my guild. I will also get to buy the new Annie's book...Quilts made with 3 yards of material. My quilt teacher, Lyn Brown, has one of her quilts showcased in the magazine so I just must have it. Today I am off for a meeting with my Off Kilter Quilters friendship group. Then when I come home I will be making more blocks. Yeah. Want to get all the blocks for this group done before my Daughter arrives from Australia on the 28th. Of course I have to sneak in some of my McKenna Ryan quilt that I am making. Any of you ever make one of her quilts. Lots and Lots of tiny squiggly pieces and she uses a zillion different color fabrics. I curse sewing the squiggly, shaking my head, saying that this lady is a crazy person....but when I get each panel done....I look at it in awe and think......I love it...let's do more. then of course my summer project is to complete as many quilts as I can on my UFO list. He He He.....so far three are done. The funny part and I know that none of you do this....Right? is that I also start on new ones that are not on the list. Sigh.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:25 AM

UGC2...Oh my goodness...you are busy too. The past two weeks for me have been buzzing! Family driving thru and stopping in ....and of course we always have to eat together....I am having dreams of being chained to the stove and I cannot reach my sewing machine

All will settle back to normal next week. Have all my other QB projects completed and mailed...so I will be ready to roll on Monday. I am going to tackle MamaHauser's next to make sure I have a fresh pair of eyes and sufficient brain cells to master the directions (Actually it is not at all complicated when you follow the directions.

I will post as soon as I finish it. In the meantime......helloooooooooooo.....is there anybody out there reading this thread ? Where are my Peat and Repeat (that's Repeat 2) fellow Swappers?

Missing you,
Bee
Old 08-17-2014, 10:49 AM

I have been out of pocket since the last week of July. I hope to start sewing again Thursday on my RAB #2. I have some blocks done but the last one had a snag. I was trying to do it too quickly. Will be able to concentrate better this week. Also my machine is going in for a yearly check-up on Tuesday.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:53 AM

I got the pattern for urgodchild2!!!
Old 08-18-2014, 12:38 PM

He He He it is summer time and all of us are either visiting others or having company visit us. sometimes I get withdrawal symptoms if I am away from my sewing machine for more then a day.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:49 PM

I got my Repeat a Boom quilt from Number 1 all done. thank you to all who helped make the squares.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]488147[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]488148[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]488149[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0585.jpg   dsc_0587.jpg   dsc_0588.jpg  
Old 08-20-2014, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
I got my Repeat a Boom quilt from Number 1 all done. thank you to all who helped make the squares.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]488147[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]488148[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]488149[/ATTACH]
WOW! We all did an awesome job. Looks wonderful
Old 08-20-2014, 09:05 PM

Now that all my summer excitement is done with I can start on working on all your blocks.