Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Repeat a Boom  NEw New New - Signups Closed >

Repeat a Boom NEw New New - Signups Closed

Repeat a Boom NEw New New - Signups Closed

Old 03-31-2014, 05:01 AM

All done but 3, ran out of time and didn't get pictures, that is a job for tonight. Maybe. Taking DH and DGS to air port, have to leave middle of the night Tuesday/Wednesday, will have to help get him packed and all that. But then.......... I'll be batching it for 2 weeks!! I am going to appologize to Groovy. I had never met a block I couldn't conquer, til now! And not enough material to redo. I think it will "pass", but I try to make them much better for you guys!! I have the same result, but a little different method. LOL If you will tell me the name of that fabric (the one with the dots) I will see if I can find it somewhere. I've never been afraid of set in seams, don't know what happened here.
You know, I can be pretty darn dense some days. I spent a pretty fair amount of time last night trying to figure out whatI must have done with the 3 missing fabrics. OMG!! How could I have been so stupid to loose something so important. DAH!!!!! Bee and Groovy. Why did I think you each had multiple entries? Grrrrrrrrr. My bad!! LOL This has been a LOT of fun.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:42 AM

Morning All . . .

My apologies to all for such a 'stinker' of a block - All pretty blocks are not always friendly! ! !
(lesson learned)

If you're really not feeling good about it's construction, make a block that feels good to you. The Vets are going to love'm anyway.

And BUSLADY . . . No worries . . . make your favorite block
FROM YOUR STASH (won't let you blame a trip to your favorite quilt store on me. . .
), smile, & mark it down as done. There are lots of Vets, so I'll be able to use whatever block you send my way. . . .GP
Old 03-31-2014, 07:23 AM

Good morning one and all. JUst a reminder that all blocks must mailed out on April 15 so that I will have them a few days later. Are you getting excited?????? I am.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:20 PM

Groovy!! That block is very pretty and I absolutely didn't mind the challenge, just wish I had used some scrap fabric for my first try!! I hate that I messed up YOUR fabric. And I guess I didn't really mess it up, it just isn't perfect! Then again, what is? LOL
Old 03-31-2014, 01:25 PM

I liked GroovyPiece's block too. I thought it might be tricky, so I made a practice one first! :-)))) It's one to use in a child's quilt, where I put in the middle a 9-patch instead of making it like the original pattern. Here's what it looks like.
I've put my blocks in the mail. I've had fun making blocks for all of you! It's especially nice to come online, chat with you, and see your progress on our blocks. :-)
Attached Thumbnails untitled.jpg  
Old 04-01-2014, 04:07 AM

WOW Givio, that is great. Looks like a present with a ribbon and bow! You are right, that would make a beautiful childs quilt.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:20 PM

All blocks are on their way. Got pkg in the mail today. That was fun.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:19 AM

It is getting more exciting to see April has arrived. I hope that most of you are seeing spring buds everywhere. although I just saw a picture of friends living in Colorado and they still have snow. Sigh. Don't despair, spring really wants to pop out. Here in Southern CA it was cold yesterday. I know, I know, don't feel sorry for me. I had to wear a sweatshirt for the first time this year. Had to look for one as I couldn't remember where I packed them. LOL
Went to Church last night and I fell. Couldn't believe it. Totally missed the step down as I was walking through the court yard. Landing on my knees and rolled to my side. Darn, I am too old for this. Of course you feel silly as all get out and cautious look around to see if anyone saw you. Nope, all alone am I. I sat there stinging from the afront on my knees. Ouch. No blood. So I guess I was ok. Today I am just a little sore in the knees, that is good.
Why do we feel embarass when we fall? I wonder if we just realize that we can be helpless at times when we grow older. Sigh.....gotta watch those steps next time......they have a habit of sneaking up on you.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:13 AM

OOOOO! I hope all is ok! I fell like 3 times last winter. This winter, not yet. Knock on wood! You are right, the first thing we think is "did anyone see that?" Who cares!! LOL My DH said he fell on Sunday, same reaction!! I hope your knees aren't too sore for too long!!
Old 04-03-2014, 09:43 AM

Barb....looks like you need a big "boo-boo" sticker! You got the ouchies! I agree falling is disconcerting no matter how old we are....from birth, we humans just don't like falling down! And especially when it results in pain and bruising. Maybe its the fear of loosing control. As a person with Parkinson's, I can so relate to "the hope no one is watching" feeling. I function is first gear most of the time, but I still arrive on time. The good thing about maturing is the extra batting we accumulate along the way . Hope you are on the mend. I know my day is coming, so I've decided to just roll with it!