Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Rhonda's Second Wall Hanging Swap >

Rhonda's Second Wall Hanging Swap

Rhonda's Second Wall Hanging Swap

Old 01-14-2013, 06:40 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lovngrandma View Post
husband does but i do put in dryer , flluff with dryer sheet, if that helps as i also have cats lol
thanks for letting me know. I do have a couple of people who are allergic to smoke or cats.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:13 AM

Its official I am using the first set of fabric that I posted in my selections. The easter ones with the eggs and all the other good fabrics that went with it. It is alot easier for me than the last one where only two went together and the middle purples are not calling to me. must be the time of year. Its so cold and thinking of spring.. flowers we have lots of daffodils in the mountains around here. They love the cold winter weather I think. usually they come up between snow showers and all get smooshed but they sure are pretty. There is even a place nearby that is callled Daffodil Hill. Famous for their display of daffodils zillions that are all over the property and people come from all over to check it out. its sooo pretty. awful curvy road to get there however. yikes.[ATTACH=CONFIG]388020[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails daffodil-hill-amador-county.jpg  
Old 01-14-2013, 07:15 AM

Also instead of doing an applique I am going to go for a four quilt block group, two on top two underneath I think. I am not great at applique and well do what your good at especially since I am sharing it with someone else I think you will like it. Quiltermomma have you decided what your switching your wall hanging out to?
Old 01-14-2013, 07:30 AM
Power Poster

when I was a kid my cousin and I roamed my family's timber acres. there is a hill that gets covered in pansies every year. so pretty! we used to play there alot.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:31 AM

Linda is that a picture of your yard, so pretty, and love the shed,
Around here in the spring and summer u see fields of sunflowers, oh man they are so pretty,
the hills that have whatever kind of flower , is also beautiful, God has sprinkled color everywhere, and did a great job of it,

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Its official I am using the first set of fabric that I posted in my selections. The easter ones with the eggs and all the other good fabrics that went with it. It is alot easier for me than the last one where only two went together and the middle purples are not calling to me. must be the time of year. Its so cold and thinking of spring.. flowers we have lots of daffodils in the mountains around here. They love the cold winter weather I think. usually they come up between snow showers and all get smooshed but they sure are pretty. There is even a place nearby that is callled Daffodil Hill. Famous for their display of daffodils zillions that are all over the property and people come from all over to check it out. its sooo pretty. awful curvy road to get there however. yikes.[ATTACH=CONFIG]388020[/ATTACH]
Old 01-14-2013, 05:38 PM
Power Poster

That is such a pretty, and peaceful looking picture. I love flowers, and all the nature given to us. I will be doing quilt blocks in my wall hanging. Pink will be one of the colors.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:19 PM
Power Poster

Our Sign Up List

There is no end to the sign up. You can join right up until the mailing date. the only requirement is to have a wall hanging ready to mail by Feb 28th. No partners. I will send you your recipient's address on Feb 28th. You won't receive from the same person you send to.

I do want to say if you have any allergies or need any special conditions let me know
If you can send overseas please let me know

1. ScrapQuilter
2. Lv2sew2011
3. Nelco
4. Everose
5. LoupEsprit
6. nancia
7. JuneBillie
8. lovngrandma
9. queenof2802
10 nurse bonnie
11 Elisabrat
12 marytoddliz
13 stitchengramie
14 skaduzy
15 Rhonda
16 hearthhush
17 grann of 6
18 Lynnie25
19 Chigger Holler Quilter
20 MaryMo
21 Quiltaddiction

Hopefully I have everyone's board name correct now. If you asked to join and I missed you please let me know.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:48 AM

Yesterday Nancia came over and we did some yakking and sewing together. I started working on my wall hanging. I will only divulge that the embroidery machine is a crucial part of my design. That is mostly because I am flying by the seat of my pants here, no definite design as of yet. I have to do it as I see what I like. I am going to only use stash fabric, and that is making it difficult so far.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:30 AM

I have my wallhanging completed and ready to be sent when I receive my partner's name. Here is a sneak peak.
Attached Thumbnails pc180004-copy.jpg  
Old 01-16-2013, 11:32 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 View Post
I have my wallhanging completed and ready to be sent when I receive my partner's name. Here is a sneak peak.
Love it! I bet the whole thing is really cute!