Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Rhonda's Very First Wall Hanging Swap!!!! >

Rhonda's Very First Wall Hanging Swap!!!!

Rhonda's Very First Wall Hanging Swap!!!!

Old 07-07-2012, 12:08 AM
Power Poster

Aww tell simon hi back from charlie. That makes me feel better about charlie. We got him from a former student of mine when I was still teaching. He had to find a home for him, because he had cystic fibrosis, and I had two double first cousins that both passed away years ago with it. Today though they know much more about it. We also now have a nephew whose little girl has it. I am probably allergic to cats too Rhonda, but I just put up with it, because I love him so. I also might be allergic to dogs, yet I have 4 of them. We rescued some, and love them just like kids. Their names are Buddy, Jo Jo, Matilda, and Lil'Anne . Buddy is a corgi, and Jo Jo is the only long legged one who talks with his eyes,gentle as a lamb, Matilda, and Jo Jo are both part australian shepard, and little reddish Li'Anne is a great part golden retriever, and the mouthy one of the bunch, and as sweet as can be. We buy cat food, dog food, and wild bird seed, and if we are lucky some people food.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:09 AM

i certainly understand allergies. i am allergic to something in the kitty litter. i'm happy that my cats go outside. i would prefer, of course, for their health and safety to have them be indoor cats, i have a dog door which they use when no one is looking. i call it an equal opportunity pet door. they'll come in but they want to be let out the front door. they bamboozle dh several times a day/night. i just stare them down. my one concession is to only have short hair cats. orange marmelaide is my favorite color. simon is a shiny black manx cat, born with no tail. tiger is orange and about 4 yrs old. both are sweet and both are rescue cats-- another one of my passions! the cats are joined by 2 lady cocker spaniels. their names are kitten and monkey. monkey named herself, and it fits her. kitten is named after the little girl in father knows best.kitten is a sable, with red, black, white and chocolate brown. monkey is solid black. so i have team red and team black.well, i'm reacting really strongly to some flea bites, so i'm off to find the benedryl. the ones on my arms are huge! guess we'll have to bomb them. have a good night! junebillie, you need to get some sleep! i'm betting you do too, rhonda! good night, sleep tight and don't let the....uh oh, too late!

Last edited by nancia; 07-07-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:51 AM

I would be happy if I am the recipient of a cat wall hanging or a dog one or anything as long as it doesn't have snakes on it. We have a three year old tabby cat. She was abandoned by her mother and managed to crawl under the dog's shed. He didn't mind birds robbing his food but he hated cats. He went mad barking and hubby went out to see what was wrong and saw the kitten. He put on a welding glove and went the opposite side of the shed to the dog so that the dog could try to send her in his direction to catch her. He did and she was one squirming, hissing very small bundle. He put her in a safe place away from the dog to see if the mother would come back for her. She never did. Our two girls wanted to keep her which hubby wasn't too keen on as he is a dog person but he gave in. He always calls everything Mathilda (even if you already have a name) so the name stayed with her but was shortened to Tilly. She thinks he is her Mum and follow him around like a dog. She would rob the dog's food and try to get him to chase her but he had no interest in her but up until he died this year she would still try. She has a gammy back leg which is okay when she is walking but if she goes to run it sticks out straight so she found the right house as nothing in our house is 100%. The dog used to think he was a human, the goldfish we had only had one eye, hubby only has one arm, eldest daughter has hollow legs which never fill up no matter how much she eats, youngest has a fashion sense all of her own and always has to have a scarf or hat on and me, well apparently I'm just mad.
LindaC
Old 07-07-2012, 02:14 AM

hi' lindac! if i ever get tired of dh i'm heading to your house! i've had so many parts removed i'm like caffiene free diet coke, same name but nothing real inside,lol. i have a cat with no tail i can bring! he talks alot, will that be a problem? i'm glad there are people on this swap who like cats. i pretty much am happy with most animals. had 2 ball pythons for many years. one is still alive and we guess her age to be about 24. she's a little blind now and bites things that move which is her normal way of feeding. sadly, she can't tell if it's a hand or a mouse. she used to be very sweet and i took her to preschools and grade school classes, and even to a couple of bookstores for storytime, i don't like skinks. they can't decide if they're a snake or a lizard--gives me the creeps! we had a pet tarantula. he was very cool! they are quite shy and if you see one just stamp your feet and it will run away. even my kids could handle him. if you pretend you are part of the natural world, like a series of tree branches as he moves around, he will accept that's where he is. very cool stuff!
Old 07-07-2012, 02:23 AM

Nancia, you fit right in, talkative cat is no problem, she would just have to compete with youngest daughter who would give her a run for her money. Actually she would love to go to your house as she is animal mad. Her train of thought is if you don't like animals there is something wrong with you and she wouldn't want to know you

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
hi' lindac! if i ever get tired of dh i'm heading to your house! i've had so many parts removed i'm like caffiene free diet coke, same name but nothing real inside,lol. i have a cat with no tail i can bring! he talks alot, will that be a problem? i'm glad there are people on this swap who like cats. i pretty much am happy with most animals. had 2 ball pythons for many years. one is still alive and we guess her age to be about 24. she's a little blind now and bites things that move which is her normal way of feeding. sadly, she can't tell if it's a hand or a mouse. she used to be very sweet and i took her to preschools and grade school classes, and even to a couple of bookstores for storytime, i don't like skinks. they can't decide if they're a snake or a lizard--gives me the creeps! we had a pet tarantula. he was very cool! they are quite shy and if you see one just stamp your feet and it will run away. even my kids could handle him. if you pretend you are part of the natural world, like a series of tree branches as he moves around, he will accept that's where he is. very cool stuff!
Old 07-07-2012, 02:53 AM

it's good to know if i fall i have a place to land! why do i get the feeling that in a few years i may be inheriting a personally stylized teen ager?
Old 07-07-2012, 06:01 AM
Power Poster

LindaC I actually like your youngest daughters way of thinking. Animals have so much to teach us. Our family too has so many things different. Me lupus etc. hubby severe diabetes, etc. and each of our animals have something extra too.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:49 AM

So now you know that my wallhanging might not be 100% either (well that will be my excuse anyway0.
Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.
LindaC
Old 07-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Power Poster

LindaC you have a nice weekend too. Now I need to be thinking about my blocks since I have started in a bit late.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Power Poster

JuneBillie don't fret. I haven't even started yet but do have some ideas I want to play with. As long as we are done in time for the swap I am not too worried about it.

As for animals I am an animal lover and my mom does not like animals. We live beside her now but when I was a kid she would shriek if you held a cat any where close to her. She says touching one is like nails screeching on a black board to her nerves and she dislikes them darting out from hidden places. Scares her I guess. She is more tolerant of my animals than she used to be. We had a dog outside Pudder was a lab mix and then a sheltie- Midget -was a house dog later on. I have almost always had dogs. Dogs are my favorite but I love love cats too. Just not the litter box!! LOL

When my kids were growing up and we lived in the country we had 80 rabbits 14 dogs (shephard had a litter of 10 pups) and 7 or 8 cats outside with one black momma cat inside. She used to run over the keyboard on the old piano at night when everyone was in bed and she played music! LOL We also had a 6 ft aviary with 3 cockatiels and 2 parakeets and the kids caught a salamander in the timber and brought it up for awhile.