Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011  group 3  - *3's a Charm* >

Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

Old 01-03-2011, 11:35 AM

Love your blocks. They are so pretty
Old 01-03-2011, 06:32 PM

Sherry, doyou want the same color used througout the row as you did with your row? I think that will keep continunity. But that's up to you.
Would it be too repetitious if it was hyydranges? I kinda of think it would be.
Thought I'd share the website for the fabric organizers I was telling you about. I just received mine and they will really help in organizing my stash. The prices include the shipping in US:
www.quiltfabricorganizers.com
Old 01-03-2011, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Roseysue
Sherry, doyou want the same color used througout the row as you did with your row? I think that will keep continunity. But that's up to you.
Would it be too repetitious if it was hyydranges? I kinda of think it would be.
Thought I'd share the website for the fabric organizers I was telling you about. I just received mine and they will really help in organizing my stash. The prices include the shipping in US:
www.quiltfabricorganizers.com
Roseysue, I think the same colors throughout the row would be good. I would like to have my row in the center. The cream colored flower looks like a gardenia. I would think large buds and blooms would look better than small floral prints on the other rows for my quilt. Hydrageas can be used or not, so could other larger blooms. Coordinate the blocks so they look good with my row. I like the soft hues. But you can put a cranberry in to make it pop or a pretty pink. When I paint, my paintings are calm, relaxing.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:46 PM

I didn't know you painted. Now I know something else about you. Do you do it for show, pleasure, sale?
And you like to paint like your row looks? That is nice and soft.
Thanks for the input about your rows. That helps a lot when looking for fabric. This is such a joy to be involved in!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Roseysue
I didn't know you painted. Now I know something else about you. Do you do it for show, pleasure, sale?
And you like to paint like your row looks? That is nice and soft.
Thanks for the input about your rows. That helps a lot when looking for fabric. This is such a joy to be involved in!
My avatar is a picture of one of my paintings. I have painted water fall, landscapes, mountains, flowers. I have done lots of embroidery too. I have sold things in the past and have done it just for my enjoyment. After I am finished, I hate to part with them. Here is another picture of one of my oil paintings.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-152935.jpe  
Old 01-03-2011, 08:20 PM

I haven't told you much about myself. I am married. I have been married for 43 years. We have 3 sons and we adopted our granddaughter who is 14 years old. I am an R.N. If you would like to know more, go to:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-53061-2.htm
Read about my life as a student nurse. Then scroll down and read : The Clown, the Flute, and the Tree Frog.

I am very creative and like to do things with my hands. I have painted oil paintings. I like to do stitchery, cross stitch. I love flowers, but, I can not grow anything. I seem to kill them. LOL. I love mountains, and water, and waterfalls. I love flower fairies, especially Cicely Mary Barker flower fairy items. I have done lots of embellishments on her flower fairy cross stitch patterns. I have also tried ribbon embroidery. I make jewelry. Now, I am starting to quilt.
I was born in Colorado, and of course, I love Colorado.
One of the best vacations we ever took, besides going to Colorado, was to Niagra Falls. I loved standing on the bridges with all that water splashing on us. We got to see covered bridges and light houses, both of which, I had never seen. My son and I went to the Rock and Roll hall of fame and I danced to the " '50's oldies ". This was embarrassing to my son who was born in the '80's. I did not care. I did it my way! ;)

I am a professional clown- went to clown school and everything. I never dreamed I would grow up to be a clown. :lol: But, here I am almost 69 years old. I am still learning new things. I teach certified nursing aide students and I love it. I am meeting new friends on this board. And that is all folks!
Old 01-03-2011, 08:51 PM

Sherry - I saw the pic of your oil painting with the hummingbird - it is beautiful!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by seymoore
Sherry - I saw the pic of your oil painting with the hummingbird - it is beautiful!!!
Thanks, I have a whole book of my pictures if you ever want to see them. You will have to come to my house and I will show you lots of things. How is your row coming?
Old 01-03-2011, 11:00 PM

Oh Sherry,
What can I say. That painting takes my breath away! It is absoutely takes my breath away!
And you are settling with other artist's renditions of flowers, etc.
What a gift you have. I do hope you are sharing it with others.
How long have you been painting? I would like to print that on photo paper so I can gaze at while at my computer, if that is OK with you. Sue
Old 01-04-2011, 12:00 AM

Hi Sherry,
Thanks for your story, I am going to enjoy reading it when I can give it a special uninterrupted time ( looks like a book!)
Wow! this is becoming such a unique experience. I feel as if I am building new friendships more meaningful than any other.

I guess this is a good a time as ever, so here goes:

I have speant much of my life in one kind of transition after another which doesn't lend itself very well to developing or maintaining any close relationships, so here I am at age 64 with 4 children and 12 grandchildren to show for my efforts. That is quite an accomplishment considering all the twist and turns the kids and I took during the 60's,70's and 80's.

I was born in Phila, Pa. in 1946, moved to Pittsburgh, Pa. when I was 6 months old, Then the year I was to enter Jr.Hi, we moved back to Phila. After HighSchool, I took a stab at college in NY for one year and ended up married and living in Ossining, NY.
In the next 4 years, I had 3 children, and then 5 years later another one ( a son at home (planned). When my children were young, I was involved with teaching childbirth, specifically homebirth, a La Leche leader (breastfeeding counseling)
and also counseling in mothering -following one's instincts) I never worked when my children were small. I never was trained formally for anything.

Then after 13 years of a very hostile abusive marriage, my children and I 'fled' to Buena Park CA. to seek safety. We settled here in 1978, the kids adjusted well, I remarried in 1981 and have lived in Buena Park ever since.

For a number of years I worked as an accoountant for a number of different corporations - I was self taught. Then in 1994, I had to retire - job was too stressful. My family has always been very active in our church activities from the time since I was a child. I must say that there have been many times that God has been very close to us, protecting us.
I have been sewing since I was a child. I made many of my own clothes and then my children's clothes and then for a period of five years (2000-2005)many clothes for my grandchildren.
I knitted sweaters, etc. for my children. I am crocheting now. In the process of doing two afgans for two granddaughters in Oklahoma. (Good activity when I'm out and can't get to a sewing machine)
I did quite of embroidery over the years - cross-stitch, crewel, long-stitch, counted cross-stitch.
I've done a bit of scrapbooking ( have many more years to catch up on) but I do have a number of albums completed to show for it.
I have all the cardmaking and stamping supplies to run a class and have done quite a bit of that and plan to do more in the future.
I was a florist out of my garage for 10 years (loved, loved, loved that) and when we lived in a house we had a garden of over 600 rose bushes. Used in our business, showed them in rose shows, was a consulting rosarian and rose judge.
I now live in a manufactured mobile home park and have every inch around planted with roses as well as other plants and flowers that I really enjoy. I also have a lot of plants and flowers in containers. In the spring, I will take some pictures for all of you. I had back surgery in Sept, so I have had to have some one to help me out there - off limits right now. I love giving and sharing of my garden - gives me such joy.
My sister(she lives in Charleston, WVA) introduced me to quilting 10 years ago, and the rest is history.

I was bitten by the bug and from 2000 to 2006, I made more than 20 quilts, mostly for family members.
2006 till this Sept, I was kind of off not doing much - life changes happened again. I started up again, joined our guild, found Quilting Board, started finding others locally who loved to quilt and have developed a nice circle on- line and in person.
It really feels good. I made my first quilt since my sabbitical this Christmas with chirismas fabrics,(I've been taking a weekly class - the pattern was from that) ( I loaned it to a day center for disadvantaged adults during Christmas to dress-up their eating area,) I will post that after I finish this. I have made other things during this time, some of which you have seen.
I am enjoying becoming a part of the SP and some swaps and purchased an Accuquilt GO in October and then the BABY GO in November, which has revolutionized my quilting experience.
I think I have shared some of that with you. How much faster and more precise it is when using the cutter.

I am in a Yahoo group for Accuquilters which is very informative - pick up a lot of tips, etc there. Also joined the 'pinsand needles' group ( they sell the accuauilt dies and cutters for 35% off)

I had a small stash when I took that time off, but I am building it up so I can feel it is to die for!

I guess that's about all. It may sound like a lot of stuff, but remember it is over 64 years and I left out a lot of the kntty gritty details which would be boring. (Ha!)
Well it's getting late, so I'm saying nite for now. See ya'll in the AM. Your Quilting Buddy Sue

Christmas Quilt I made (first one since I got back into quilting-pattern from class I took)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]153011[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-153006.jpe