Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6 >

Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6

Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6

Old 01-31-2011, 04:58 PM

OK folks, it's only Feb 1 (in a few hours) ... and I have two out of 5 blocks done and now y'all a stressin' me out!!! I know what I'll me doing tomorrow morning.

Beautiful work with the embroidery. I'm still learning and burning up the stabilizer in the process. If time and ability would only keep up with my ideas ...

Good work, all. Stash Queen -- you there? Almost ready? Anybody have questions? Am I the one behind the most?

It might be helpful to each of us if we could post pix of signature block and maybe the journal so we know what to expect or do.

Also, how bout we send the "extra" blocks directly to the quilt owner when we forward on the rest of the quilt so that we aren't paying more postage than we have to. That way the quilt owner can have something to fondle while waiting for the finished product. And photos of that also required because we are all curious (nosey). OK???
Old 01-31-2011, 05:16 PM

Hey Nancy...don't worry...I'm behind too the rest of them too! I am working SOOO slow 'cause I'm REALLY stretching myself with this row. I will be attempting regular piecing, paper piecing and applique! I'm so excited :D
I like you idea about the extra blocks and it is true that they would cost more if we send them with the rows. However ya'll want to do it all is great with me :D
Old 01-31-2011, 06:58 PM

Ok, ....I think that is what I am doing.....the extra block I have pictured is for my backing, and I will make a block for the back of all the rows I get with the fabric that I use to make your row and I will add my special touch to the extra block

I am willing to keep my extra block at home and then mail the extra blocks directly to the owner of the row I a working on.

The journal....are you saying we should send that with the quilt or separate??? we could send the journal pages to each person and then when they work on our row they complete the journal then mail back to us...

Michigan is due to get 10-15 inches of snow in the next 1-2 days....

If everyone is not ready for the mailing I can hold on to mine...just let me know.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:25 PM

Guess we need to think a bit more about the whole journal thing. Do we actually send a physical journal, or maybe each write on our own and send pages back to the quilt owner (maybe along with the "extra" bonus block we are doing). We could agree on a standard size (maybe just regular 8 1/2 by 11" copy/printer paper) and then it can be put into a standard folder or notebook. Again, that would cut down on the weight of the quilt as it grows with each stop.

Opinions? Comments? Better ideas or suggestions?
Old 01-31-2011, 07:41 PM

Again, I am not picky AT All. I got one of those really small spiral notebooks at the Dollar Store because they are small and they also don't have as many pages (that's why they are so much cheaper)....it's probably like 4 X 6 at the biggest. Ya'll just let me know what you want to do. I got a PM from Stash Queen and she will be all ready to send her row to me on the 15th :D
Old 01-31-2011, 07:43 PM

I wanted to ask you Pam...what embroidery machine do you have? That is just SO cool!

Originally Posted by pamesue
Ok Ladies,

I am ready to mail....I have my row, my label, extra block and journal. I will mail extra brown fabric for the sashings (uncut), that way you can cut to your measurement to make your row fit to my row. The extra to be mailed back with the finished quilt.

So, I would like for my row to be in the middle (that is why I signed on line 3. If you would be so kind as to sign your name on the line of your row...

If anyone would like for me to send extra cash for the cost of shipping, I will gladly do that...just let me know.

Looking for to receiving TF Quilters row.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:48 PM

I'm not ready, but hoping to be by the 15th. For quilting, snowed in good. (Be back in Detroit area this weekend). UGH!! I have ordered a quilting journal from Connecting Threads. They are on sale for half price in the clearance section, and would like to use it. Will mark the page to start on, as I have projects that should go ahead of it in order. Anyone else who might like a real quilt journal might want to check that. I know I'd like to use mine for more than just this quilt. ....and Gail, I kept your address in a safe place this time.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Qbee
I wanted to ask you Pam...what embroidery machine do you have? That is just SO cool!

Originally Posted by pamesue
Ok Ladies,

I am ready to mail....I have my row, my label, extra block and journal. I will mail extra brown fabric for the sashings (uncut), that way you can cut to your measurement to make your row fit to my row. The extra to be mailed back with the finished quilt.

So, I would like for my row to be in the middle (that is why I signed on line 3. If you would be so kind as to sign your name on the line of your row...

If anyone would like for me to send extra cash for the cost of shipping, I will gladly do that...just let me know.

Looking for to receiving TF Quilters row.
I concur, lovely siggy block. Am looking into doing a similar one but with kitchen utensils on it. Are we supposed to send the extra block on or keep it for ourselves? I really don't want an extra block (hope I don't hurt anyone's feelings), but I want my quilt to look like a kitchen quilt, not a hodge podge on the back.

I don't think extra postage is necessary as by the third round we'll probably be at $11.95 anyway. I don't have a problem as long as you don't send cinder blocks and bricks.

Blessings, Cherie
Old 01-31-2011, 07:51 PM

Okay, I will keep my extra block...then we make the extra block for each person's row we work on and send that block directly to that person and forward the row...got that...I'm not sure about the journal...I have bought my journal already, wrote in it etc, however, and would like everyone else to comment in it as they work on my row if possible. In my opinion, it would be better just to forward the journal with the row so each person can write in it..it's fun to see what everyone has written, and that sort of thing..if someone chooses not to have a journal, then paper or whatever works for them.. and I thought we decided on a picture of each row as we work on it also...
Old 01-31-2011, 08:35 PM

That is what I was doing as well. Small journal with sent with my row, etc. and then I was gonna have daughter take pics of me working on row and put in everyone's journals etc. so by the end there will be a documented "story" of the rows being made...LOL :D

Originally Posted by TFquilter
Okay, I will keep my extra block...then we make the extra block for each person's row we work on and send that block directly to that person and forward the row...got that...I'm not sure about the journal...I have bought my journal already, wrote in it etc, however, and would like everyone else to comment in it as they work on my row if possible. In my opinion, it would be better just to forward the journal with the row so each person can write in it..it's fun to see what everyone has written, and that sort of thing..if someone chooses not to have a journal, then paper or whatever works for them.. and I thought we decided on a picture of each row as we work on it also...