Row Robin 2012/2013

Old 09-13-2012, 03:12 AM

moonrise,
Your blocks are gorgeous!
Just may have to rethink my second theme after seeing your blocks.
I'm very excited to see which folks end up in my two groups. Then the real communications can start.

best,
d

QUOTE=moonrise;5510437]Got the blocks made for the first row of my "Patriotic Civil War" quilt. I'd like for them to have sashing with cornerstones, but I'll wait and see how that plays out before sewing anything together.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]362426[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Old 09-13-2012, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by wanda lou View Post
Beautiful moonrise.
Do the spines on fabric through your printer. You can use whatever fabric you want, though I would keep it light. Just iron the fabric onto a piece of freezer paper cut to the 8.5X11 size and use an ink jet printer.
I wanted to put an embroidered name on a book cover I was making, but my machine don't like to sew on that type of fabric, it was black leather like stuff. I did the embroydery on a pc of black fabric, trimmed it just over 1/4 inch from the letters, turned that 1/4 inch over and used black thread to stitch it to the book. It looked great. So that might work, as well, only using your printer on the boughten fabric.
Or, send it to me and I will do it for you. My embroydery machine is up and running.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:29 AM

Yippee...I finally figured out my themes.

#1. this will be a "what you thought you'd never use" theme - absolutely all those ugly or practice blocks (and do I have a few of those LOL) etc that one could not bear to part with but had no idea what to do with them. Sashing will be coming along for the ride...

#2. this will be a home sweet home sampler quilt. I will do the "middle row" with the home sweet home theme and then each of the other four rows will represent a season: spring, summer, autumn & winter...in whatever order and whatever colors tickles the designers fancy. This will also have sashing catching a free ride......heehee

I can't wait to start..........
Old 09-13-2012, 09:50 AM

That sounds cool scrapper. Now does that mean I get to put in those old antique blocks I have around that are just there because they have no home? Or those blocks that did not need for a quilt? Is it going to matter if those blocks are all different in color and design and value? Just asking because that is sure an open ended theme and it would be so easy for me to fill that bill.

If I get you in my group, #2 would be an easy one also for me especially if I got the fall theme, I have some wonderful fall fabrics that would be nice to use. Also, the spring theme is easy for me bcause I love flowers and have several floral fabrics that would work. Anxious to start and see the beginning rows of everyone. of course, themamahauser already has hers posted and the civil war blocks are posted. I joined the civil war swap so I am ready with fabrics if that one is in my group.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:21 AM

You all have such amazing ideas! I don't care which group I am in because I have ideas for everyone's. Just have to decided upon my own. I have people "helping" me by making more suggestions. Gotta love family. LOL
Old 09-13-2012, 10:27 AM

Oh, oh, oh, it's almost September 14th!!!!!! I can hardly wait to find out who is in my group. Eeeeeee. :-)

best,
d
Old 09-13-2012, 01:22 PM

Qbee, sent you a PM - but looks like I would make the 'odd' number (counting your last numbers update). Please let me know if I am in or not. I do understand if it is the 'not' answer. I told you in my PM that I wanted to do holidays, but am also thinking of 'Flights of Fancy". I just finished some machine embroidered butterflies and the other rows could be birds or anything that flies (kites, windblown leaves???). Anyway, still pondering that issue. Have spent some time reading all 23 pages of this post, so kept up with everyone's idea - so if I'm in, I would be very pleased to be in any of the groups.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:24 PM

Buslady I may take you up on the offer.
Thank you
Old 09-13-2012, 06:56 PM

Haven't seen an updated list. Wondered if you got my PM? Either way, please let me know. Thanks.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:38 AM

Oh, it is finally the day we've been waiting for- September 14th!!!!! I can hardly stand the wait to find out who will be in my groups.

Best,
d