Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #10 >

Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #10

Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #10

Old 09-21-2012, 10:08 AM

Right now, we do not have everyone's email. Please pm me with your addresses and emails, so that I can compile a list. MaryJane, your email was----------. ocm. I got your gmail from your pm. Let me know your address and which email you want to use.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:12 AM

I am an RN too and I know what you mean, working several 12 shifts in a row. Been there, done that.LOL. Sometimes it takes 2 days to recover from the 2 and 3 days you worked. I am glad you are among the living now.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:52 PM

Jane, my main color is aqua/turquoise-with some pink/orange/yellow/sand colors. Take me back to the Caribbean with your ideas! Batiks are good--some of my fabrics have beachy prints, some are just beachy colors. Glad you're off and can recover a bit from your workdays.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:00 PM

I got my email and my info is correct. My theme of the seashore is not listed on the email.

Jane, I've looked at 1930's fabric online. My fabrics look very similar and were called feedsack prints when I bought them. Think they might be the same thing?

Sherry, I'll need hankies if you have plenty. Unless my aunt wants to give up some of hers. Is there a specific size to look for in case I find some?
Old 09-21-2012, 04:22 PM

mimim, feedsack prints are 30's reproduction fabrics. They are a personal favorite of mine.

Jane, I work in industry. I did development work for a food ingredients company. After years of working a straight day job the company did cutbacks. I got to stay but had to go to the quality lab and now work a 12 hour rotating schedule. I couldn't do it if I still had kids at home. I actually think it is easier now in my mid 40s than it was in my 20s with three children.

Sherry, I will send my info again.

I was supposed to be off work tomorrow but now I am going in. Probably only part of a day but since I am doing development work I can go on my schedule. Hope to be in, work 8 hours and back home before noon tomorrow. Then I am going to sew!

I don't have hankies but I will try to find some. I will let you know if I need some.

Mary

p.s. Someone asked about my name. My name is Mary Elane but my family runs it together and uses both names. So, it sounds like MaryLane. I have cousins named KimRose, BobbyJoe, RickyRay, David Wayne, DebbieJane, RuthAnn, etc... We live in the midwest. No good explanation.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:31 PM

Ok, re : names, addresses, emails and phone numbers, I will add my phone number to the list. My info is correct. I have MaryLanes info, mimim says hers is correct- you might pm your phone number to me, please. Jc emailed me so she received it. I still need your phone number please. pm me. Wonnie, I have your information but the email must be wrong. Please pm me. I will gather the info and try to send out the correct information.

The hankies I have range from small to 13-14". The bigger ones, we will have to fold the wings down more, so if you want the butterfly to have an open wing span, use smaller hankies.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:27 AM

Yvonne, do you mind some very small splashes of color? Or do you want us to stick with all black/grey/taupe kind of colors? If so, any colors you absolutely don't want?
Old 09-22-2012, 07:35 AM

Thank you ladies for all your personal info. It looks like everyone got all the right information. MaryLane, have you decided on a theme yet?

Here is what I have for everyone so far:
Sherry: butterfly hankies with floral pastels of pinks, blues, lavender, aqua, white, and off white
MaryLane:
mimim : sea shore in aqua/ turqoise, pinks, orange, sand colors
Jclinganrey: 30's reproduction fabric with white tone on tone backgrounds
Wonnie: The City in black, grey, white, taupe or camel

Is this right?

I also find hankies on ebay and etsy.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:56 AM

No colors, Mimi other than the black, gray, tan and white but I do think "The City" is a little difficult to do. I had in mind skylines, etc. but, thinking it over for my own row I think that's too limiting so how about if I changed it to "Neighborhood at Dusk" and we could do houses ... does that appeal to everyone more?
Old 09-22-2012, 08:01 AM

Oops, I meant to say, black, gray, taupe or camel, and white.