Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 26 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #11

Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #11

OK Group #11.....here is your own thread for you to post ideas, progress, rules you decide on and of course PICTURES for us all to look at. If ya'll have any problems, please let your Group Leader know and she will contact me or you can contact me directly.

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!

Group 11
    Leader - Qbee
    wanda lou
    MdmSew'n'Sew
    Scrapper
    Quiltermomma
    Last edited by Qbee; 09-17-2012 at 04:46 PM.
    When life goes to pieces, QUILT!

OK Folks.....WELCOME TO GROUP #11!!!!
    I think before we do anything we should come up with a name.....so ya'll give your ideas when you check in.
    Also, go ahead and start giving your themes, etc.
    I'm really excited and can't wait to work on each of your tops

Ooops....I forgot to give my theme. My husband and I just got a travel trailer that we are LOVING. We take it to the lake to camp as often as we possibly can and desperately need a quilt for our queen bed in the trailer
    The colors in the trailer are browns, creams, bronze and black. Here is a picture of the colors.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 

Hello group 11 I cant wait to get started.

Qbee we have an rv and enjoy camping.

my theme is a book case quilt.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Ok lets come up with a name or forever be known as group #11.
    come on guys name ideas.

I like thread bangers, pin pushers, or block builders.... what do you all think?
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

I like block builders alot!!!

a small village about 65 miles north of NYC
    Hooray, I was in a swap with Quiltermomma and WandaLou, if you don't know them already, trust me, they are both VERY talented ladies!

I am excited, haven't settled on my theme yet, I'm thinking about my row consisting of blocks representing places I've lived (my father and ex were both in the Navy, so I've traveled --- a LOT!) Then have everyone add blocks representing where they have lived or visited or dreamed of going to see - so when it's done, it'll represent a lot of different places ... and sending a journal along with the blocks so that everyone can tell me the names of the blocks they chose and what they represent. I think it would be like a flying carpet of sorts. And since I want to sash it when I get all the rows back, I'd ask everyone to baste their blocks together and also baste to the previous row, so nothing gets lost but I can easily finish it without overworking Jack the Ripper - I think my sashing will be based on what everyone does, I'm not ready to commit to a color yet, I want everyone to let their imagination fly on this one.

As for our group's name, what about a riff on Ocean's Eleven? I'll have to think on that tonight and come back tomorrow.
    He who cuts his own wood is warmed twice, but she who makes her own quilt is warmed forever - SLR 11/7/2011

Would anyone in this group be willing to switch into another group? It's a long story but I need to make one switch.

Blog Entries
    If you need me to I can, Thank you very much for the compliment Mdmsewnsew.
    Whatever you need, I can do dear.
    Last edited by QuilterMomma; 09-19-2012 at 02:32 PM.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Howdy Groupies! LOL until we have a new official name. This is my first triple R and I can't wait for the fun to begin. I love the ideas of camping (we hv an RV we just love) and places visited (like a postcard theme)- those should be fun!

For me, I like the idea of adding the sashing when it comes home - so I guess the strips wouldn't have to be attached to each other just pinned together so they don't get lost in the shuffle.

Drum roll........here's me theme: Home Sweet Home. My section would be the one with the words Home Sweet Home. Each subsequent section would reflect a season: spring summer autumn winter. The only quirk would be that the last person would have to do whatever season is left - no choice unless they coordinate w the others and they arrange amongst themselves if they prefer a specific season. Wow that was a long-winded explanation LOL

I can't advise a color theme yet as I am still in the design mode but would include a note w it when it starts it's journey. Since this is my first time as a GROUPIE LOL, guess I'll be posting questions etc as they pop into my head.
    Please bear with me
    The only gift is a portion of thyself.....Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 1 of 26 1 2 11 ... LastLast