Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #3

I'm on track, I have a commission that is going to the machine quilter tomorrow morning, and I have nothing else on the horizon for my holiday weekend, so I'm going to hit the sewing room and start on blocks!! Mine is kitties, any style, any design, using fun and funky and holiday fabrics on a neutral background (the neutral backgrounds can also be any color). I'm looking for crazy and wild!! As I get blocks done, I'll post some pics. I'm hoping I get all 5 done this weekend, so I'll be ready to mail before the deadline!
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read -- Groucho Marx

Blog Entries
    Wow the mailing date is coming up soon. Please clarify for me...once we receive the first row, we make a row to go with it. Are we going to sew the rows together or leave them separate? What are your thoughts on labels...I have not been in a row robin before.
    "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold" - Friends on this Quilting Board are treasures indeed!

Tam...Moo correct me if I am wrong, but I believe we all decided to leave the rows separate and just baste together, we don't add any borders or sashing. As far as labels, make whatever kind you wish and the other girls will sign your label when they work on your row. Am I right girls? I don't think any of us has been in a row robin before so we are all learning as we go. Feel free to chime in everyone.
    Life is Good!

Visit my blog, closed the website:

http://charlottescreationsanew.blogspot.com/

Almost forgot... yes, when you receive the other person's row you will make another row for them.
    Life is Good!

I am posting a recap of what we had decided on for this robin:

Copied from previous posting:

I am going to go with the compilation of what I think we want for our group.

1. Do not mail out a finished row until 1 to 2 weeks early. This creates pressure on the other members who may not be finished on the row they are working on.

2. Mail a letter with your row, the first one we work on and be detailed. Tell us what you want in your row and be specific as you can be because we can't read each other's minds.

3. You may show pictures of what you have completed and we must also be tactful if we don't like what we see. Your letter should prevent that from happening so I think this is a mute issue.

4. Ask lots of questions about the other person's row you are working on. You can't make a good block if you don't know what to make.

Please let me know if this meets your feelings. If not we can revise this. I don't write in stone, so chime in girls.

Round Robin Hugs,

Charlottemarie
    Life is Good!

Blog Entries
    Sounds good to me! I think we also decided that if we wanted sashing, we could, but didn't have to include it in the mailing of your initial block.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

That is correct buslady, thanks.
    Life is Good!

I have my five blocks almost finished! Still have to do some applique stitching on them!! I'll take pics tomorrow.
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read -- Groucho Marx

Wow, MizMelly, can't wait to see them! I have only go one block done. I will go ahead and post it.
    Life is Good!

Name:  1st Snow person block for Row Robin 001.JPG
Views: 98
Size:  1.06 MB

This Name:  1st Snow person block for Row Robin 001.JPG
Views: 98
Size:  1.06 MBis my Snowlady
    Life is Good!