Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #3

Blog Entries
    I can mail mine any time now. Signed up for the USPS on line, so maybe it will be easier than trying to get to the po. I like that I can play with the delivery type to find the cheepest way before I box it and seal it. Shall I post a picture before I post? I really cannot remember what was decided. Don't remember when the mailing date was either. I'm an 11th hour person, so I am doing good to have it done now. Now someone tell me I wasn't supposed to mail last week. LOL I can't wait afor the snowmen to be at my house. I will find something cute to add!! I think there are some cats that should be coming at some point that I think will be fun. Also, anxious to see what is done with my memory quilt. Fun fun fun!!!
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Don't quote me on this, but I think we were all OK with seeing photos of our rows??
    And we're supposed to mail by Feb 1st. I'm working on my blocks this week and also over the 3 day MLK weekend, so will be able to mail by the 25th (when I get paid again).
    Wait til you see what I'm doing with your memory quilt, Buslady. I "cherry picked" phrases and comments out of your lovely tribute to your mother, so I think you'll get a kick out of my interpretations. I do tend to be literal with my blocks! And I will take pics!!!
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read -- Groucho Marx

Tam...Moo I love those snowpeople. Thank you so much! I still have changes to my row Yours is beautiful.
    Life is Good!

Visit my blog, closed the website:

http://charlottescreationsanew.blogspot.com/

Here's my row for Buslady's quilt!

Name:  Diner food.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  778.2 KBName:  Elvis.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  820.0 KBName:  Mom.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  918.5 KBName:  Peppers and Onions.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  776.9 KBName:  Utensils.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  645.2 KB

I love those also! Way to go! It's okay if you post pictures if the person doesn't mind. I'd ask first.
    Life is Good!

Blog Entries
    Wowza!! I love it, MizMelly!! I Received the rows from Tam-Moo and can't wait to get started on my snowmen!! I am curious, do you want us to stay with aplique? Or would you like us to switch and use other methods, as well. As I look at it, I think it would not look right if there is only one row that isn't applique. I only ask because I have some fabric that is printed that I would like to incorporate, but not at the expense of the look you are going for. Please advise!!
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    Here it is!! The blues match better to the naked eye. I was amazed at how bright the camera made that blue stripe!! It didn't appear that bright to the naked eye.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Onalee Rose

Glad you liked my blocks, Buslady! It was way fun to read your narrative and then interpret it into quilt blocks! Looks like I'm getting Tam-Moo's next!! Another fun one to work on!! I'm really enjoying this swap, everyone has such great ideas and creativity! I will mail my set on to Rainyday Quilter on Friday (payday!). I'm also planning on doing taxes next weekend too (groan). We can't file until the 30th, so I saw no reason to rush and torture myself beforehand. Too bad, I can use my return (if I'm getting one) since there is a huge crafts and sewing show in Phoenix on the 31st-2nd and I always go. Looking for more inspiration!!
    Last edited by MizMelly; 01-21-2013 at 07:06 AM.

Buslady, I really would prefer applique on my snowpeople. I like embroidery by machine, but I don't think it would match up with the others. Thanks for asking.
    Life is Good!

Blog Entries
    Will do!!! I think that is best, IMHO, That is going to be a spectacular quilt!! And I really do like to applique. I both hand and machine applique. It will depend on what kind of time I have, and how much!! LOL Thanks for ggetting back to me so quickly.
    Onalee Rose

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast