Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #3

Blog Entries
    How bout a Texas theme? Just a thought!
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Buslady mentioned a Texas theme. That would be a lot of fun, living in Texas and all. I used to live in Texas and there's a lot you could do for that theme. Makes me kind of want to do one too! Sunbonnet Sue is fun, snowmen are fun, flowers are fun, I think I could want to do 10 more rows, but I know I can't. Try the dream thing, put a paper & pen beside your bed and just before you fall off to sleep, just say give me a theme, over and over, like counting sheep. I find that lots of answers come to me in my dreams. Worth a try, huh?
    Life is Good!

Visit my blog, closed the website:

http://charlottescreationsanew.blogspot.com/

Geez, hope I didn't scare everybody off>
    Life is Good!

Blog Entries
    NOT ME!! I check the thread daily, but don't post if I am the last post. LOL Haven't had time to do much but think on my row at this point. We just moved (after 30 years), what a ????? don't even have a word that describes it. It's like trying to fit a gallon of water in a quart jar. LOL And, my sister is coming from Oregon in 2 weeks. Haven't seen her for over 2 years. So, every minute is spent getting ready for that. I will have my row ready to ship by the first of December. If nothing else, I will make that my project for the retreat. If you have not heard of our retreat, it is in Michigan, on the lake, November 16-18. Anyone interested, just PM me. I post this every chance I get! I am the one that started the retreat last year, and we had a ball, so it is an annual thing now. Add that to my list. LOL
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

I love the idea of a Texas theme!! I did a texas themed quilt for a customer a few years ago. It was fun!! So many fun things come to mind --- "Home with the Armadillo", Lone Star Beer, the Alamo, Kinky Freedman, The Lone Star state...
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read -- Groucho Marx

There you go. Lots of topics in Texas theme. I will have to have my snowman in a Texas Block. That sounds good. Buslady I hate moving, I sure can understand that, I just feel like I'm all alone in this thread sometimes. LOL Can a snowman do the cotton-eyed Joe?
    Life is Good!

Going on a retreat sounds fun. To bad it's too far away for me. I've also been moving and down sizing from a house into an apartment, I now remember why I hate moving. This move is only 25 miles down the road all of my others have been 500+ miles. I'm looking forward to having this move in my rear view mirror. A Tx theme would be fun, unless she's already been there done that. I'm actually looking forward to the active stage of our row robin, the more I think about options in planning my row, the more indecisive I become. I'm still planning on a cherry theme, I found some Mary Englebreit prints with some cherries in it I'm considering using, that would broaden the color choices for complimentary fabrics. I'm thinking that might make mine easier for you to work on.

Blog Entries
    We move 4 times in the first 8 years we were married, one time we just got a new trailer, so we just took everything out of the old one, set it on the lawn, they came and towed away the old and set the new one in, and we moved everything back in. The next time, we just moved the trailer, so "battening down the hatches" was all that was required, then we moved the trailer a second time and then moved into our house. So, this was totally new to me. I always said I was a good packer. I found out just how good when we started emptying out that house. I had stuff packed in there soooooo good. LOL
    I agree that this thread will likely get more lively once we get into the projects, at least I hope that is the case! I like the interaction.
    Oh, I wish I could send a bus around to collect all my QB friends and bring them to the retreat!
    Onalee Rose

That sounds like a nice retreat on a lake and all. It is just too far away for me. I'm supposed to be downsizing, had several garage sales this year, but I don't want to do it. Know I have too, but I've lost so many things in my life and then needed them or missed them later on. It makes me balk, but it's coming. We spend all our lives accumulating and then we have to spend the last part getting rid of things. Makes no sense to me.

I'm going to broaden my them to include Texas in there. I may forget about the snowman. Texas would be more colorful. Don't hold me to that. The only thing set in stone for me is the blue fabric I bought for this project.
    Life is Good!

Blog Entries
    Me too I would love it....I have never been to one so keep us posted.
    "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold" - Friends on this Quilting Board are treasures indeed!

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast