Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #4

Blog Entries
    I have made 3 stars and cannot get the points with out sewing on them, I even cut 4" squares instead of 3 7/8" squares I'm sewing at 1/4" seam allowance, just not liking it. What am I doing wrong...????
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥`..♥ Donna♥`..♥

http://countrycottagequiltsandcrafts.blogspot.com/

Boy, don't know - post a picture of what you're sewing, maybe that'll help.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    Something I learned from Sally Collins is that when you are sewing those points be sure to sew a thread or two towards the outside of the point so you do not cut them off. Jan Krentz says the same thing. I don't have a block here at office to show you. If I think of it at home, will show you. Also, when you are done sewing, do you size them down with the diagonal of the ruler? Then just trim, another point when trimming from Jinny Beyer and the above, is that you set your ruler on top of square and be sure the line on ruler is inside the edge so you don't trim to small and you get an accurate cut and block in the end. These are simple little things that made a large difference in my piecing. Just some suggestions for you.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Here they are, I've ripped out until I'm sick of it...LOL I've use 12 1/2" Square Ruler to cut...only thing I can think of it's pattern from the book is to big, so I've even taken bigger seam and this is what I ended up with.
    Name:  001.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  41.8 KB
    Name:  002.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  104.3 KB
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)

Blog Entries
    Name:  003.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  44.0 KB

I've tried my best and this is as good as it's going to get! I'm running out of blue fabric...LOL Grilscouts1 let me know if you want me to add my row, I'm just not very good at stars...
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)

Luv, looks like your sewing was okay - unless you really took a bigger seam (larger than 1/4"?) On one, looks like your ruler may have slipped and you cut the 1/4" off your square. Don't fret over this, try to learn from it (she says to the one who has tried repeatedly to get it right. Sorry.) I think together the stars look good - from my distance anyway. Think I'll just go away.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Luv,

Your row looks wonderful! I discovered this great tool for doing half square triangles and it allows me to get my center points perfect every time. I'm upstairs at the moment and don't remember the name but it sure works well

It's lovely and I'm sure she will appreciate your hard work in creating your row.

Blog Entries
    No I'm coping the pattern from the book and it's not because it to small, it's way bigger than it should be...the dark blue square when I was done was 13" and I even took bigger seams...I think the pattern from the book is just too big.....

LOL
    I'll get over it, I just get so frustrated when it don't come out right...I'm a Virgo and they are perfectionist...LOL
    Donna

PS Thank you for the help!
    Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
    Luv, looks like your sewing was okay - unless you really took a bigger seam (larger than 1/4"?) On one, looks like your ruler may have slipped and you cut the 1/4" off your square. Don't fret over this, try to learn from it (she says to the one who has tried repeatedly to get it right. Sorry.) I think together the stars look good - from my distance anyway. Think I'll just go away.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)

[QUOTE=I'm a Virgo and they are perfectionist...LOL[/QUOTE]

I'm a Virgo too!

Donna, I LOVE it,.... I am sure if you look at my points, they are not perfect either.... Love what you did!!! Please don't forget to sign my signature BLock.... Thanks for the great Row!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011 View Post
    No I'm coping the pattern from the book and it's not because it to small, it's way bigger than it should be...the dark blue square when I was done was 13" and I even took bigger seams...I think the pattern from the book is just too big.....

LOL
    I'll get over it, I just get so frustrated when it don't come out right...I'm a Virgo and they are perfectionist...LOL
    Donna

PS Thank you for the help!
    Donna

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast