Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 36 of 81 FirstFirst ... 26 35 36 37 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap

What a wonderful surprise! As I was napping, I was awoke to a horn honking in the driveway. Went out and the mailman handed me a package. Opened it up and here's what was inside...

Name:  pincushion.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  7.0 KB

Mary quilting you really made me feel better today! These little owls made me think of a set of owl measuring cups that Grandmother had. I always loved to help her make lunch when I was a little girl just so I could use them. Now I will always think of you as I use these. Thank you!!
    Tracey

http://traceyscraftroom.blogspot.com
    Life is hard by the yard, but by the inch it is a cinch!

I sent my two packages out today and received a suprise in the mailbox. Mary Quilting sent me that beautiful owl and matching needlecase. I love them both and they will have a place of honor in my applique sewing box.
    Marilyn

Blog Entries
    Ashjoy, anything yet???
    my ferrets stole money from me yrs ago. When i found the money, i found my 14k gold watch also.

Blog Entries
    Oooooh, those owls are to stinkin cute, pudgy little bellies!

Senior Member craftygal63@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Sorry I have been incommunicado. I started a new job on 3/28 and the commute is kicking my behind. I think I have settled on a route of lest resistance! AND...I should be starting my little projects this week and finish by the weekend. I have enlisted my mother and she will make my post office runs for me. YAY! I have a plan!

Those little owls are so cute.
    JuneBillie - In memory of my dear mother June, and my dear mother in law Billie.
    I am thankful for this day My name - Susan

Look at the lovely package I got from jaba, a matching set! And in my favorite colors too.
    Name:  100_2898.JPG
Views: 94
Size:  121.8 KB
    I don't know if it will show up in the pic, but the turquoise strips on the pincushion have a line of stitching that looks like tulips. Can you believe, in her note jaba apologized because they are so simple. Don't look simple to me, they look beautiful. Love them, thank you again jaba!
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Blog Entries
    I had planned to head to town and mail out my needle case and pin cushion to the partners but it is snowing, blowing and generally not a good day to be out and about...so... partners you will just ahve to wait a few more days. Think I will just make you each one more little scrappy gift to stick in with your goodies.Then I have to definitely get started on quilting the baby quilt for my great-niece. Shower is 27th but she showed up early! :-)
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

those are beautiful love the turquoise
    Quote Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post
    Look at the lovely package I got from jaba, a matching set! And in my favorite colors too.
    Name:  100_2898.JPG
Views: 94
Size:  121.8 KB
    I don't know if it will show up in the pic, but the turquoise strips on the pincushion have a line of stitching that looks like tulips. Can you believe, in her note jaba apologized because they are so simple. Don't look simple to me, they look beautiful. Love them, thank you again jaba!

Blog Entries
    It is cold and snowing here in CO today.

After such a nice day yesterday (about 70 degrees). Tonight they say our low
    is going to be about 8 degrees. Not sure if we will be turning the heat on or not.

I know that sounds like a "dumb" thing to say, but we live on the third floor and
    you know heat rises so we generally only have to turn heat on IF/when it is bitter
    cold AND the wind is blowing. No wind no heat needed.

Not to mention since I am post menopausal I tend to run a bit (a LOT) hotter than
    most "normal" people and my husband complains that I try to freeze him to death
    most of the time.

I just tell him to stop wearing shorts in the winter or when it is cold.
    Louise - I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world . Also collect homemade pincushions, and sewing/quilting themed fabrics.

Page 36 of 81 FirstFirst ... 26 35 36 37 46 ... LastLast