Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 102 of 391 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 101 102 103 112 152 202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 3909

Thread: Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012

Good evening everyone. I'm back - slowly typing with one hand - I used to be a speed typist, so this slow is really difficult. Went to the doctor this morning and, for the present, my broken shoulder doesn't need surgery. I'm to go back in two weeks and if new x-rays show improvement, it's healing and no surgery. If she doesn't like new x-rays, it's surgery to put a screw in. I'm opting for the no surgery. I have a new sling that is 'tied' to my body to keep the shoulder still. However, she did say I can sew! I'll just have to be very careful not to move the shoulder around.
    i'm talking cross stitch projects only. Of course, no lifting of anything. I broke the left shoulder and of course, I'm left handed - quickly becoming ambidexterous.
    Both of my SS boxes are coming along. I need to wrap each item, but I have a friend who has said she will help me with that. I've finished my little handmade items for the boxes - so - guess I'm ready, but won't mail till mid-November. Don't want to give too much away, but one of you went online and gave me lots of info about yourself. My other SS hasn't posted much.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
    Good evening everyone. I'm back - slowly typing with one hand - I used to be a speed typist, so this slow is really difficult. Went to the doctor this morning and, for the present, my broken shoulder doesn't need surgery. I'm to go back in two weeks and if new x-rays show improvement, it's healing and no surgery. If she doesn't like new x-rays, it's surgery to put a screw in. I'm opting for the no surgery. I have a new sling that is 'tied' to my body to keep the shoulder still. However, she did say I can sew! I'll just have to be very careful not to move the shoulder around.
    i'm talking cross stitch projects only. Of course, no lifting of anything. I broke the left shoulder and of course, I'm left handed - quickly becoming ambidexterous.
    Both of my SS boxes are coming along. I need to wrap each item, but I have a friend who has said she will help me with that. I've finished my little handmade items for the boxes - so - guess I'm ready, but won't mail till mid-November. Don't want to give too much away, but one of you went online and gave me lots of info about yourself. My other SS hasn't posted much.
    Be very careful and take caere of yourself!! Prayers your way for quick healing!!

Hope you heal up nicely... dgd broke her collar bone... she still has a bump but hopefully it'll even up as she is still growing. She has full range of motion so we're not worried.

Blog Entries
    well dang it !!
    get your self healed up.
    you will need both arms for opening day !!
    I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

Blog Entries
    oh, i'm sorry! shoulder problems are difficult. hope it feels better soon. just take your time, and everyone important will understand. if there's anything you need me to buy, for myself, er... your santaee, i'd be happy to! you'll save postage, too! tomorrow i head to my closest lqs and see what i can find. i have lots of good info! and i tend to go my own way anyway, so there could be an elephant in someone's box, a little squishy, but very friendly! lol
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
    why are you adding "felt"
    to a "felted wool" item.
    they are different things right ?
    does felt do something when washed like wool ??????
    Because I am CRAZY & I FELT like it!!
    ROFL
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leota View Post
    Hope you heal up nicely... dgd broke her collar bone... she still has a bump but hopefully it'll even up as she is still growing. She has full range of motion so we're not worried.
    Broke mine twice as a kid, same one. It'll be fine. However, a later car accident caused some muscle tightness on that side that now occasionally makes it feel like the collarbone wants to snap again. So just tell her, no ramming that side into a vehicle dashboard and she should have no worries
    It isn't homework unless it's due tomorrow.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Vanogay, so sorry to hear about your shoulder, hope it heals faster than you think it will.

Sulabug, when you were snooping in the studio did you finish those ornaments on my Embroidery machine for me? Did you play with the quilt on Queenie? Guess I'll find out when I go out there in a little while. Betcha didn't! Some help you are!! Guess I'll have to do it myself! I've managed to get a few handmades done for my Santaee. Haven't been shopping yet, will see what I can find at the quilt show this weekend before I tackle LQS & Joann's.

Junior Member CountryHouseQuilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Vanogay - sorry to hear of your shoulder issue!! Hope it heals up quickly and NO screw!!!! DH fell a few years back and tore his rotator cuff extensively, to the point where they can't fix it. No fun at all!!!! So I can feel your pain. Be very careful and do what the doc says....as we want you all healed and ready to tear your gift open on reveal day!!!!!
    The trouble with Trouble is.....It usually starts out like fun!!

www.countryhousequilting.blogspot.com

Blog Entries

I hope you feel better soon.

Page 102 of 391 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 101 102 103 112 152 202 ... LastLast