Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 157 of 391 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 156 157 158 167 207 257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 3909

Thread: Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012

Blog Entries
    I don't know how to crochet either. I am just a beginner Knitter. I really do enjoy it. And, there is some great knit patterns out there. My mom knits beautifully!
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
    I don't know how to crochet either. I am just a beginner Knitter. I really do enjoy it. And, there is some great knit patterns out there. My mom knits beautifully!
    my mom was fantastic at both but she passed away long ago when I was younger.
    my last knit project was a few years back. I took 5-6 beautiful yarns and blended
    them to make knitting that many at one time on the needle. they turned out beautiful.
    fringe on both ends showed the actual yarns used ti make them. most were different.
    had fun and it was over.
    I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

Blog Entries
    It sounds beautiful Dreamer. I'm so sorry about your mom. But, she lives on in your heart and memories. And, now she watches over you.
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    I am so excited, I pick up a few things today for my giftee. I have tried to obtain everything on her wish list, in a way..... Some of the items she asked for I cannot do, but I am sending her a few things that might help her do it for herself. I am so excited!
    Now for whoever my SS might be, I am so excited, but I do hope whoever you may be that you do not mind if I don't open my presents up on the day set. I want to save them for Christmas. I want to have something under the tree this year for me!
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
    Judith
    L*O*V*E the new avatar and
    C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S...

sorry I have been MIA
    got word that a local hospital is in need
    of PURPLE newborn knit or crochet baby hats.
    they plan on sending all the babies howe in
    the purple hats which SIGNIFY...
    Shaken Baby Syndrome.
    thay are bring awareness to the problem.
    When do they need the hats. I would love to make some and send them to you. You can PM me if you don't want to disclose the location of your lair. Let me know what size and if there is a special pattern they are using.
    I Quilt Therefore I Am

Pat

Terri, hope things are battened down there for you in VA and PA. I know both will be affected by Hurricaine Sandy! Hang on.

Blog Entries
    Received my Ho Ho Ho Secret Santa package today. Thank you very much! I hope your safe from the hurricane Sandy which is now coming my way. When my DH passed everyone said just call if you need help. Well I put all my lawn furniture etc away by myself, boy do I miss my hubby!
    Carolyn
    http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h329/islandwiz1/Boom%206%20Autumn%20Group/

Blog Entries
    Oo...santa packages arriving. I can't wait.
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by islandwiz1 View Post
    Received my Ho Ho Ho Secret Santa package today. Thank you very much! I hope your safe from the hurricane Sandy which is now coming my way. When my DH passed everyone said just call if you need help. Well I put all my lawn furniture etc away by myself, boy do I miss my hubby!
    I lost my DH 15 years ago. I know how that "call me if you need anything" works....NOT! Then my kids wonder why I don't ask them for help any more. I do most everything myself. I do have a lawn boy (age 79) that does my lawn mowing, but most everything else is done by ME.

I just have to finish my last thing for my santee and I'm dreading it. Oh why oh why did I choose this design.. torture for myself I guess. Geez. Gotta get 'er done tho. Might run out of thread. Who's idea was it to put 165 yards of thread on a spool? worthless.

I'm mostly hung up on the technical aspects of some things... what will be the best way to achieve the look and the thing I need to do.. hmm.. argh.. I think I need another spool at least. It'll only take a day to finish.. maybe only like.. a couple hours. I just gotta get started.
    It isn't homework unless it's due tomorrow.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Page 157 of 391 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 156 157 158 167 207 257 ... LastLast