Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012 >

Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012

Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012

Old 11-19-2012, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
I was thinking about all these people who joined and then haven't posted....It's like being invited to a real fancy party, and then not showing up till all the food is gone. Oh, well, they will never know what they missed....one heck of a party here! Where's my wine??? I'm starting early today.
Well, I for one was without power and access to a computer for 11 days due to the hurricane and now dealing with the aftermath. I've posted a few times in the last week or so but no one even acknowleged my posts so I'm pretty much back to lurking and reading. It's not easy throwing yourself out there when you're a newbie and you're among a group that knows each other and has participated together before. It can be a bit intimidating IMHO.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:09 AM

I'm feeling today is going to be a HUGE mail delivery day.... Come on, lucky mail day, pick me!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:11 AM

So I am in the corner, trying to get the cork out of the Pinot Grigio (no wonder, it's a screw top). I just got a call from my bank checking to see if I really DID charge $5,573 to my credit card for a plane ticket on Brazilian Airlines. How do people do these things????? So now I am without a credit card till a new one is issued in 7-10 days. If I'm at the North Pole, why would I want to fly to Brazil? Hoping SS box comes soon so I can mope around something exciting.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by blondeslave View Post
Well, I for one was without power and access to a computer for 11 days due to the hurricane and now dealing with the aftermath. I've posted a few times in the last week or so but no one even acknowleged my posts so I'm pretty much back to lurking and reading. It's not easy throwing yourself out there when you're a newbie and you're among a group that knows each other and has participated together before. It can be a bit intimidating IMHO.
Blondeslave, I apologize. I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. I know there are many people who have been affected by the hurricane. I know where my package went, and it wasn't anywhere near Hurricane Central.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:15 AM
Power Poster

Cherrio, I am also sorry about your precious kitty baby. I have a big ole white cat (charley), and I am not quite sure how old he is, because a former student gave him to me, because he had allergies. We have had him about 9 years now, and they had to have had him a bit, and he was given to them. We do love our little fur babies.

I am glad to see some others have got their secret santa packages, and I hope those waiting will get theirs very very soon. Now, for the waiting game. lol....

I saw mommy kissing santa claus. da da da da da da da da da.....
Old 11-19-2012, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
Cherrio, I am also sorry about your precious kitty baby. I have a big ole white cat (charley), and I am not quite sure how old he is, because a former student gave him to me, because he had allergies. We have had him about 9 years now, and they had to have had him a bit, and he was given to them. We do love our little fur babies.

I am glad to see some others have got their secret santa packages, and I hope those waiting will get theirs very very soon. Now, for the waiting game. lol....

I saw mommy kissing santa claus. da da da da da da da da da.....

Christmas toys all over the place
Little Shelby wears a funny smile on his face
Shelby has a secret
And the secret he must share
He wants to tell somebody
So he tells his teddy bear

I saw Mama kissing Santa Claus
Underneath the misteltoe last night
She didn't see me creep
Down the stairs to have a peek
She thought that I was tucked up in my bedroom fast asleep
Then, I saw Mama tickle Santa Claus
Underneath his beard so snowy white
Oh, what a laugh it would have been
If Daddy had only seen
Mama kissing Santa Claus last night

I saw Mama kissing Santa Claus
Underneath the misteltoe last night
She didn't see me creep
Down the stairs to have a peek
She thought that I was tucked up in my bedroom fast asleep
Then, I saw Mama tickle Santa Claus
Underneath his beard so snowy white
Oh, what a laugh it would have been
If Daddy had only seen
Mama kissing Santa Claus last night
Old 11-19-2012, 09:22 AM

So I am in the corner, trying to get the cork out of the Pinot Grigio (no wonder, it's a screw top). I just got a call from my bank checking to see if I really DID charge $5,573 to my credit card for a plane ticket on Brazilian Airlines. How do people do these things????? So now I am without a credit card till a new one is issued in 7-10 days. If I'm at the North Pole, why would I want to fly to Brazil? Hoping SS box comes soon so I can mope around something exciting.

well I'm going to need a rather large bottle of TEQUILA if you have that kind of money to spend.

and onto a brighter note...
we are having high winds today...
complex handyman is outside with his leaf blower...
is he chasing the wind or what.
this kind if thinking really baffles me no end.
high winds dude !!!!!!
and he gets paid for this...go figure.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by blondeslave View Post
Hey there! I was whipped by Sandy as well and by the time I got here there were zillion posts. It is fun lurking as well! Here, have a glass of Molly's on ice. It'll make you feel better. Cheers!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:20 AM

LOL same thing happened to me. Hubby called from work to see how I managed to get to Bangkok, charge our card, and come back, all within a day. Bank reimbursed us, but we were without our cards for a while. Good luck! I wish I were in Bangkok, I bet it is much warmer than here!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:51 AM

This is my first SS too. I do the secret pal , this isn't real different except the waiting. I go forever and don't post and then just have to say something, and this morning naturally it was about gin. Maybe that's because last night I had a couple of tequilla and tonic's. I have to ration those out, tequilla very expensive anymore so usually vodka tonic until I can't stand it any more. The box is on my dining room table and it really doesn't say a word, but I know there is bells and whistles in there. I'm trying to convince myself that what I need now isn't in there so just telling myself to get over it...heehee.
I hope your home wasn't damaged to badly in the storm, but I'm sure being without power for that long is bad enough. I really just can't imagine, my heart goes out to everyone that has to go through this type of ordeal.
That identity theft is horrible, went through that once and never want to go there again. You're lucky to have caught it soon enough. Okay ladies better get something done around here, have a great day.