Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012 >

Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012

Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012

Old 11-29-2012, 08:46 AM

i have an idea... since we have 10 more days to wait, how about if 1/10th of us open our boxes today. and 1/10 of us open our boxes tomorrow, and so on and so forth. i'll start and show everyone how it's done.
1. put the box in front of you.
2. start tugging on the nearest tape and pp-p-u-u-u-ll-ll-ll.
3. if you hit a cross tape, bite the cross tape till it tears, and continue as in step 2.
4. tear any brown paper, or outside wrapping paper and throw over your left shoulder. ( right shoulder if left handed)
5. open the box top, one flap at a time. if you have a box with no flaps, you can use your non-fabric scissors to carefully cut flaps. or you can turn the box over and over until you find flaps.
6. look carefully to determine if items are wrapped in bright colored papers, or not.
5 1/2. clear the box of any edibles as you may need strength and nutrients to deal with opening the individual parcels. no good fainting into the box from hunger.
7. carefully remove fabric quarters and hang them about your person with gay abandon. this adds to the festive atmosphere and tone of the occasion. i always bring hair pins for this part and re-use any sticky tape to adhere to my chin (no unkind remarks about hairy chins and hair pins, thank you. (nose in the air)). a word to the wise, hanging a fat 1/4 from your forehead makes it more difficult to eat any goodies, and hard to see what's in the package. personally, i hate getting chocolate on my quilt fabric.
8. continue as you will from here. i am busy eating my chocolate! is it illegal to send liquor in the mail?

Last edited by nancia; 11-29-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:47 AM

I have been thinking ,. . . . reading the rules and checking them twice, and they clearly state that WE cannot open our boxes till the 9th. . . . . BUT, nowhere does it say that we couldn't take our packages down to the naughty corner, have a few swigs of somethin naughty and play the age old traditional Christmas game where everyone sits in a big circle and passes their package one person to the left and then everyone opens the package in their hands. Technically we couldn't get in trouble because WE didn't open OUR package. . . . somebody else did!!! And didn't someone already post that what happens in the naughty corner stays in the naughty corner??? I think this would work and we wouldn't even get in trouble for it!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom View Post
I have been thinking ,. . . . reading the rules and checking them twice, and they clearly state that WE cannot open our boxes till the 9th. . . . . BUT, nowhere does it say that we couldn't take our packages down to the naughty corner, have a few swigs of somethin naughty and play the age old traditional Christmas game where everyone sits in a big circle and passes their package one person to the left and then everyone opens the package in their hands. Technically we couldn't get in trouble because WE didn't open OUR package. . . . somebody else did!!! And didn't someone already post that what happens in the naughty corner stays in the naughty corner??? I think this would work and we wouldn't even get in trouble for it!
OMGOSH~~~I think she has the solution !!!!!!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
You're just not keeping yourself busy enough. You either have to be quilting or drinking, so your hands and mind are occupied. Notice I DID NOT say quilting AND drinking. We don't quilt and drink, might spill some precious alcohol on the fabric.
good response grann !!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:08 AM

i know. it changes the flavor when you suck it out of the fabric. still good, tho'
Old 11-29-2012, 09:48 AM

Nancia, GREAT idea! I'll braveley volunteer to go in the first 10%. I'm home from work today due to an outpatient medical procedure and I'm bored. I got my box out and gently shook it again. Looked at my envelope and held it up to the light...nope, not sure what's in there either. So I'll volunteer for the first 10% to open their box.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Teacup View Post
Nancia, GREAT idea! I'll braveley volunteer to go in the first 10%. I'm home from work today due to an outpatient medical procedure and I'm bored. I got my box out and gently shook it again. Looked at my envelope and held it up to the light...nope, not sure what's in there either. So I'll volunteer for the first 10% to open their box.

Terriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Sharonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

they are gonna open their boxes early !!!!!!!
bad !!
bad !!
bad !!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:00 AM

teacup, i'm sooo proud of you! it's not easy putting yourself on the front line like this, i know! when you see the green flag come down, that's when we start! good luck!!!

Last edited by nancia; 11-29-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:02 AM

dreamer!!! you are a SNITCH! (if you are quiet, you can be in the first 10%, shhhhh, don't tell. ok?)
Old 11-29-2012, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
i have an idea... since we have 10 more days to wait, how about if 1/10th of us open our boxes today. and 1/10 of us open our boxes tomorrow, and so on and so forth. i'll start and show everyone how it's done.
1. put the box in front of you.
2. start tugging on the nearest tape and pp-p-u-u-u-ll-ll-ll.
3. if you hit a cross tape, bite the cross tape till it tears, and continue as in step 2.
4. tear any brown paper, or outside wrapping paper and throw over your left shoulder. ( right shoulder if left handed)
5. open the box top, one flap at a time. if you have a box with no flaps, you can use your non-fabric scissors to carefully cut flaps. or you can turn the box over and over until you find flaps.
6. look carefully to determine if items are wrapped in bright colored papers, or not.
5 1/2. clear the box of any edibles as you may need strength and nutrients to deal with opening the individual parcels. no good fainting into the box from hunger.
7. carefully remove fabric quarters and hang them about your person with gay abandon. this adds to the festive atmosphere and tone of the occasion. i always bring hair pins for this part and re-use any sticky tape to adhere to my chin (no unkind remarks about hairy chins and hair pins, thank you. (nose in the air)). a word to the wise, hanging a fat 1/4 from your forehead makes it more difficult to eat any goodies, and hard to see what's in the package. personally, i hate getting chocolate on my quilt fabric.
8. continue as you will from here. i am busy eating my chocolate! is it illegal to send liquor in the mail?
ROFLMFBO. I'm sitting at my desk at work with tears rolling down my face and I trying not to LOL. I love the parts where you are biting tape to open the box and where you tape fabric to your chin and your forehead. What a hoot!!!!