Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 373 of 391 FirstFirst ... 273 323 363 372 373 374 383 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 3909

Thread: Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012

Blog Entries
    carolinepaj-- i'm so happy you like your pressies! i had so much fun putting it together! i admit i read the book on cd before i sent it. i keep a cd player next to my sewing table and listen to songs or books while i sew. i figured if i'd read it it didn't count in the total. i wonder if anyone actually kept to the $20 limit? lol! my ss sure didn't. hoping you and yours have the merriest christmas ! and a joyous new year!!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by Justamom410 View Post
    Hi Patty! I was your SS! I completely spaced on yesterday's reveal and was up to my elbows in bubbles (literally) giving my 3 year old a bath at reveal time. I'm glad you liked everything...this was my first year and wasn't sure what to send!
    Justamom, just wanted to tell you that the seam ripper is the best. When I first saw it, thought it was a gimmick. But I tried it for a hard to see seam and the light and magnifier worked wonderfully. Who knew? Thanks again
    I Quilt Therefore I Am

Pat

Blog Entries
    Dreamer- I am still hanging out , but on Wednesdays I have a quilt club I belong to and so that day I don't get on the computer at all- Monday my older son in college snuck home early for the holiday so I have been spending time with him... now pass the almost empty bottle I see hiding behind your back
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
    Dreamer- I am still hanging out , but on Wednesdays I have a quilt club I belong to and so that day I don't get on the computer at all- Monday my older son in college snuck home early for the holiday so I have been spending time with him... now pass the almost empty bottle I see hiding behind your back
    there are all over at grann's house...
    I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

DREAMER!!- Are we all ready for rehab to dry out??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pat625 View Post
    dreamer!!- are we all ready for rehab to dry out??
    never rehab !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
    never rehab !!!!!!
    YEAH!!! then pass the bottle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quercus Rubra View Post
    Dear Machel.....

Thank You for the wonderful Secret Santa!! It was like opening a "Mary Poppin's Style box" It was seemingly never-ending just like her carpet bag. LOL. It was fun playing the guessing game while looking at the pretty candy cane stripped box as it sat on the dining table just waiting for Opening Day. Now for the list......

The Notions:
    My 1st Eleanor Burn's Pattern - it's the Oriental Fan pattern for tablerunners & quilts, a Dritz 6x9 cutting mat, a small bottle of Aleena's Tacky Glue, a Clover white makrking pen, a Dritz 120" Quilter's Tape Measure, a Singer Angled-edge lint brush, a Dritz seam ripper, a set of 2 Singer machine & hand needle threaders, 2 Dritz Pearlized 30 count straight pins - one shaped like hearts and the other like leaves, a 6 count of John james Tapestry meedles, a 7 ct. of Gutermann Sew-All threads, a LED Poppy Flower flashlight and a fancy pair of Stork scissors with a white & black print on them.

But wait - theres more!!! LOL. Sorry just couldn't resist.

The Fabrics:
    Oh my but wonderful assortment of YUMMY scraps in a quart baggie and then some more in larger pieces of strips and squares. Be still my heart!! Then theres are a group of 3 solids of dark red like a cranberry, navy and dark lilac which will just perfect to make a Amish Mini Quilt to go with my set of Amish soft dolls that are from a panel from Lancaster, PA. Next comes a "Grandma's Scrap Bag" that has me almost drooling with it's 5 shades of brown & tans with a wonderful Toile (sp?) print aling with some Civil War prints, a nice medium blender and a great solid tan to bring 'em all together. I even have the perfect mini quilt pattern singing it's siren song in my ear. But still going .. I found this great bundle of FQ's that has 2 co-oridinating leaf prints on both black & creams background with gold on them.

And to finish up this great box.... Machel sent me this neat homemade card the has a black fabric Amish Buggy stitched on it. It reminds me of the all the Amish buggies from the Lancastor area in PA.

Thank you again Machel! You did a wonderful job with my box that I hope you had just as much fun picking everthing out as I will playing with everything!! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Y'all!!

Tricia

PS My camera is so not working so I will have to figure out how to come with a picture some how to share with everyone.

Tricia, I had a lot of fun picking out your gifts I just couldn't stop I am happy that you like your little box of goodies. Enjoy. Merry Christmas to you and your family and a Happy New Year
    Quilting is my crack cocaine!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
    YEAH!!! then pass the bottle!!
    did ya ask grann where she stashed it ??

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
    did ya ask grann where she stashed it ??
    Grann!!!! If you don't share I'm .....TELLING!!!!!!

Page 373 of 391 FirstFirst ... 273 323 363 372 373 374 383 ... LastLast