Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!  REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER >

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Old 09-23-2011, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Just a little idea for some...
Put on your calender, a week before mailing is to go out that you HAVE to mail. Hopefully that will give you a little "light bulb" that you need to get your package in the mail.
Remember, mail date is NOVEMBER 15th. I'm thinking of having the chat on December 18th. That gives the package 1 month to get to it's destination IF it was mailed on the last day.
I do encourage you to mail as soon as possible.
How do you know who and where to mail the gift to? How does the other person know who and where you are to send you a gift How do I PM Terri? Yes, I know I am thick as a brick!!! I don't want to do it wrong if I do it:(
Old 09-23-2011, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by arimuse
Originally Posted by mscupid804
oh, thank you for clarifying. I will mail asap anyway, but want to get the name before shopping too big cus I want to try and fit things to the person I get. (Also, I dont know about anyone else, BUT I am a terrible waiter - waiting to open gifts! lol If stuff comes too early I just have to poke and poke and shake things - if my package didnt come until Christmas Eve it would be a relief :-D ) sharet
LOL Sharet, you sound a lot like me!
oh, I've been trying to be better. Now that I have such a small extended family left, and they're so far away, and hubs #2 is NOT into any holiday at all, I look forward to my secret santas with anticipation. I save everything until Christmas eve, when I open 1 santa gift (cus, growing up and most of my life most of Christmas fell on Christmas eve), and open the rest Christmas morning - so I have suprises. Hubs doesnt min "giving" me gifts (paying!), as long as I pick them out, pick them up and wrap them lol. sharet
That may be wise on his part. The first year we were married my hub gave me a very complex expensive calculator and other equally unmemorable gifts, Bless his heart. I guess my shock showed because the next year he gave me really nice things. He must have asked my sister in law to help him pick them out. My favorite was the tweety bird sweater on turquoise. Loved it.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804
oh, thank you for clarifying. I will mail asap anyway, but want to get the name before shopping too big cus I want to try and fit things to the person I get. (Also, I dont know about anyone else, BUT I am a terrible waiter - waiting to open gifts! lol If stuff comes too early I just have to poke and poke and shake things - if my package didnt come until Christmas Eve it would be a relief :-D ) sharet
LOL Sharet, you sound a lot like me!
oh, I've been trying to be better. Now that I have such a small extended family left, and they're so far away, and hubs #2 is NOT into any holiday at all, I look forward to my secret santas with anticipation. I save everything until Christmas eve, when I open 1 santa gift (cus, growing up and most of my life most of Christmas fell on Christmas eve), and open the rest Christmas morning - so I have suprises. Hubs doesnt min "giving" me gifts (paying!), as long as I pick them out, pick them up and wrap them lol. sharet
That may be wise on his part. The first year we were married my hub gave me a very complex expensive calculator and other equally unmemorable gifts, Bless his heart. I guess my shock showed because the next year he gave me really nice things. He must have asked my sister in law to help him pick them out. My favorite was the tweety bird sweater on turquoise. Loved it.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:39 AM

I know you have to start now but it feels odd when I haven't carved my pumpkin yet:)
Old 09-23-2011, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by zoeytoo
I know you have to start now but it feels odd when I haven't carved my pumpkin yet:)
Starting now makes the fun last longer. These crazy people will make you laugh everyday. They are naughty, sometimes. Not me, though. I am always so good. :wink:
Old 09-23-2011, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
Starting now makes the fun last longer. These crazy people will make you laugh everyday. They are naughty, sometimes. Not me, though. I am always so good. :wink:
Nobody is THAT good all the time!!
I bet when you're bad you're really naughty. :evil:
Just like the rest of us.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:30 AM

Just a little idea for some...
Put on your calender, a week before mailing is to go out that you HAVE to mail. Hopefully that will give you a little "light bulb" that you need to get your package in the mail.
Remember, mail date is NOVEMBER 15th. I'm thinking of having the chat on December 18th. That gives the package 1 month to get to it's destination IF it was mailed on the last day.
I do encourage you to mail as soon as possible.
How do you know who and where to mail the gift to? How does the other person know who and where you are to send you a gift How do I PM Terri? Yes, I know I am thick as a brick!!! I don't want to do it wrong if I do it:(
You will get your person's name on October 1. You will have all their info. Then get your package together and mail as soon as you can. We all know the mail system can be slow at times.
To PM me, just click on my name. you'll see where you can PM me.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:31 AM

I am ALWAYS good, ALL the time! :)
Old 09-23-2011, 05:21 AM

boy if ya'll are belivin' this
then ya'll need coal in your gifts !! LMBO !!
Old 09-23-2011, 06:14 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

:roll: :roll: