Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
SEPTEMBER FAT QUARTER SWAP! Thanksgiving/fall and/or Blenders/tone on tones! >

SEPTEMBER FAT QUARTER SWAP! Thanksgiving/fall and/or Blenders/tone on tones!

SEPTEMBER FAT QUARTER SWAP! Thanksgiving/fall and/or Blenders/tone on tones!

Old 09-16-2014, 02:31 AM

Default September FQ Swap

Here are my beautiful Fat Quarters I received yesterday in the Mail. Thank you again Kiffie2413.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 09-16-2014, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
I took pictures of the swaps that both my swap partners, JAGSD and Maps sent and would like to post them on here. My problem....
I have a new computer with windows 8. I have tried to upload my photos but to no avail, I can't figure out how to do it!
Does anyone know how to do this?
I am slowly learning how to work with windows 8 but my 77 year old brain just doesn't work as good as it used to.
Have a great day everyone!

Phyllis
Windows 8, I have had mine since December and still figuring it out..... To be able to upload them to QB I had to do it with a program that would resize them. If you go to the help portion on QB they have many suggestions. I went with Microsoft office since that is what the kiddos needed for school and it included a picture deal with it. You can resize them and many other things. Right now am trying to figure out how to get rid of all the ad stuff that continually pops up when using the computer.....
If you would like me to repost pictures of what I sent I can do that too. Just let me know....JAGSD Have a wonderful week.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:03 PM

Jaba,
Latest Post office update says "Your issue is being assigned for review, research, and resolution....".
Blah, blah, blah.
Will update you when I know more.

JAGSD,
Happy you like the fqs!
Kif
Old 09-16-2014, 06:28 PM

Jagsd those fqs are pretty!!! I used the same fabric (the brown and green with metallic) on my sons quilt a few yrs ago as the backing. I hardly ever see fabrics I've used before! It was fun to see this one and reminisce a bit
Old 09-17-2014, 06:46 AM

Tlambing,
I must confess, it was hard for me to share that one! I had used most of it in a hunting theme quilt for my hubby. And with it being metallic, it was hard for me to part with what I had left...but sharing is good, right??!!
JAGSD sent me some terrific fqs, too!!
Old 09-17-2014, 08:03 AM

oh sharing the metallic fabric is WAY hard for me. I am addicted to it. it sparkles up a quilt if you use some of that. not all of it but a bit and I happen to need most metallic fabrics. ADDICT? yes yes I am.

Sorry that you haven't gotten your package Jan. I hope it shows up soon. BTW JABA gifted me with a TON of fresh veggies from their yard. Spaghetti squash, tomatoes, carrots, potatoes (two types even!) I love it so much so super thanks for that! oh yes and eggs, lots of eggs. They are boiling now btw. We have two different ways to cook hard boiled eggs. How do you do it? I put them in cold water bring to a boil for 5 minutes. turn off the heat.let sit for 15-18 minutes then peal under cold water. Jaba puts them in boiling water, boils for 22 minutes then peals under cold water. so there are more ways to skin a cat. oh yes and she adds 1 tbsp. of oil to the water. I do not. Share your ways and we can see how many we get! one of them is right or maybe all of them are right

three more days til sign up for nex months swap. this month has been amazing and so far no complaints. this is a great thing.

KEEP IT UP!!! yahoo!!!!! (but let me know if you still are having a problem). I know about Kiffies issue with the post office and hope that works out. UPdates are great
Old 09-17-2014, 08:20 AM

Here's the quilt I made for my son with that backing. He is so funny! He loves it so much, be won't let anyone sit on it. He has kept it pristine for over 2 yrs now
Attached Thumbnails ericback.jpg  
Old 09-17-2014, 09:46 AM

Beautiful Tlambing!! I love how he's so "protective" of it, too..

Brat,
I've been updating here (see above) since that's the way Jaba has been updating. I also have pm'd her that I am waiting to hear from the post office, I opened a case with them. I will send her another pkg, or I've offered to send her back what she sent me. As soon as she tells me which she'd rather, I will send. If I don't hear by Friday, I will send and hope it's ok. I put some great burgundy fabrics in the pkg that's lost, and I don't have some more of those particular ones. But I can get another pkg ready
I hate this happened, never has happened to me before. But I have no control over post office, and I'm trying to do everything I know to do.
Regards all,
K
Old 09-17-2014, 09:49 AM

Just be patient ladies. I've had this happen a couple of times over the past month or so. (not QB stuff) The packages showed up, it just took a couple of weeks.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:51 PM

Tlambing,
Well said. Patience is a virtue I'm working on constantly. I'm patient with everyone but myself..

Jaba and I have been in contact, going to be patient And give the post office a few more days.. fingers crossed.
K