September Mug Rug Swap: Halloween or Autumn (partnerís choice)
Welcome to the September Mug Rug Swap! This monthís theme is: Halloween or Autumn!
What is a mug rug? A mug rug is an item you use to place a cup of coffee, tea or soda on, along with a small snack plate/napkin beside it. Itís approximately 9Ēx8Ē or larger so both items will fit. Please do not make it smaller than 9Ēx8Ē as that is quite small for both items as it is! (Note the size change please.)
1. You will be assigned a partner. This is not a secret pal swap. Each partner will contact the other partner for addresses. You are encouraged to talk to each other and find out little things about your partner so you can make a special gift just for her. Donít forget to check with your partner for her choice. How can you turn her preferred theme into a special mug rug? Will you appliquť or paper-piece or just go with regular piecing? The method you use is your choice, but the subject is your partnerís!
2. It must be made with 100% quilterís cotton, with a nice cotton batting in between to protect furniture from possible damage due to heat/cold. Use a binding method you are comfortable with, or practice & learn a new binding technique! Also, the mug rug must be quilted. Remember, this is a gift you are making for someone. Be proud of your work & do your best. And be kind about what you receive. If you have any issues, please work it out with your partner first, before contacting me; communication is key. This board is for all of us to make friends & have fun.
3. You must send your name, address and phone number to me, ctyankee, by August 31st. Deadline to send out swaps is September 21st; do not forget to send me notice that you have sent to your partner. If you provide me with a tracking number, then youíre off the hook. If you donít, & your partner does not receive a mug rug from you, you must send again. Any delays must be shared with me prior to this date. I want everyone to receive a partnerís trade. We should not have to request angels. Again, communication is important. You can be forgiven if something comes up & you notify your partner & me prior to the end of your swap mail date requirement. But if you donít communicate & donít send out a mug rug to your partner, you will be locked out of swapping with this group and negative feedback will insure other swap groups know you didn't send.
4. You are free to include little gifties with your mug rug, handmade or store-bought; itís up to you. But you are only obligated to send a mug rug. Nothing else is required in this swap.
5. Also, when you receive your package, please PM your partner to let her know. This is a courtesy that should not be ignored.
6. Any questions? Contact me immediately and I will help get you started.
7. Please take a photo before you ship your package to your partner, just in case she cannot post a photo. We all want to see photos! But donít post it until you know your partner has received your package & that she is unable to post a photo.
8. And most importantly ó just have fun!
SIGN UP TODAY! Send me, ctyankee, a PM with your name, address & phone number for emergency use only. If you have a preference of what you receive just communicate that with your partner. Names will be given out on September 1st. You are required by the board to send things you sign up for, or risk not having the ability to swap again in other swaps. Again, per board rules, anything about your partner or the item they swap to you that does not please you is not to be posted on the board but sent in a PM to me or to your partner to sort out. Itís polite and itís the right thing to do.