Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Swap Closes August 31st 4pm >

September Secret Pal Swap Closes August 31st 4pm

September Secret Pal Swap Closes August 31st 4pm

Old 09-10-2013, 12:08 PM

My SP Package went out this afternoon on the way NE to an area code that adds up to 20....It's a box and it's a bit on the heavy side.... Sis sent off a package to you also... Enjoy both of you...
Old 09-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Power Poster

quilting dragon, so sorry for the loss of your friend. I had some teachers that I really liked too.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
My SP Package went out this afternoon on the way NE to an area code that adds up to 20....It's a box and it's a bit on the heavy side.... Sis sent off a package to you also... Enjoy both of you...
Thanks Sis....for everything you said in the pm I appreciate it. Also for the package you sent. I also sent my package out today to a northern state.Hugs Mary
Old 09-10-2013, 06:01 PM

Quiltingdragon, so sorry that you have lost so many loved ones in such a short period of time. That must be very hard emotionally. I'll pray for God to give you strength during this most difficult time in your life. Take care of yourself!
Old 09-10-2013, 09:21 PM

Default Wonderful package received!

I received a wonderful package from catjo last night! Full of fabric, books, patterns, thread, kits, tools, and a lovely card!
I am in heaven! There is a little strawberry bag with a big carry bag inside-have to make sure my sister-in-law never sees it! I was amazed to see that I do not already have any of the patterns or books! Thank you so very much for all the great things! Check out the pictures!

Deborah (Gaijin)
Attached Thumbnails catjo-1.jpg   catjo-2.jpg   catjo-3.jpg   catjo-4.jpg  
Old 09-10-2013, 11:10 PM

Been a busy month, so just got my parcel sent yesterday afternoon, so late for me - sometimes it takes 5/6 days, other times 8/9, so hopefully will be with you by the end of next week.

I've heard of your first favourite fabric line, don't know what it looks like and have never seen any here (clue). I've no idea what your second fabric line is, but sent you some by the same manufacturer, so fingers crossed!

1. You love handmade things (success!).

2. Something else, but I'm not sure what kind - could be jewellery (yes - we spell that differently too ).

3. The third thing sounds like it might be food, but I suspect it isn't!

4. I used to collect the last thing when I was a child, but I'm not sure if you mean paper or fabric!

Bet you can't wait to see what's inside .

I've been to your state - even driven in it. In fact, I nearly met my demise coming off the freeway, coming back from the shopping centre (mall) in *****, forgetting y'all drive on the wrong side of the road . DH was over on business and we were staying in a town that isn't a town.......
Old 09-11-2013, 04:26 AM
Power Poster

Well I know it isn't me knitette, because I don't have any favorite fabric lines. I got a kick out of you saying "WE" drive on the wrong side of the road.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 View Post
Well I know it isn't me knitette, because I don't have any favorite fabric lines. I got a kick out of you saying "WE" drive on the wrong side of the road.
Well, I don't want to star an International incident, but you might find the following interesting........

In days of old, logic dictated that when people passed each other on the road they should be in the best possible position to use their sword, to protect themselves. As most people are right handed they therefore kept to their left. This practice was formalised in a Papal Edict by Pope Benefice around 1300AD who told all his pilgrims to keep to the left.

Nothing much changed until 1773 when an increase in horse traffic forced the UK Government to introduce the General Highways Act of 1773 which contained a keep left recommendation.

Driving on the right started after the French Revolution of 1790, when the peasants who had never had access to the carriages before, shunned any reference to their oppressors and drove on the right out of defiance.

This French rule of course, was taken to the US during the war of Independence, hence y'all drive on the 'right'.

Last edited by Knitette; 09-11-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:07 AM

Krystna I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. Your both in my thoughts and prayers!!!
Old 09-11-2013, 02:09 PM

Default My SP Package arrived today

Thank you Sue, sustraley, for the very nice pakcage. It seemed bottomless. You hit upon every thing I like.

Sue seen that I like to cook and added magazines to do with cooking, quilt magazines, apron patterns, Swedish weave patterns, crochet and seen that I am trying to learn to knit and added a how to knit. And and a nice Thimbleberries Small Wonder book, not pad, joural, candy, red apple sachet,Turkey pin, a dancing scarecrow, handmade pin cushion, and postage stamp squares. I am sure I probable missed something. Again thanks Sue.
Attached Thumbnails sustraley.jpg   p1040073.jpg   p1040074-640x360-.jpg  

Last edited by newquilter10; 09-11-2013 at 02:13 PM. Reason: needed to add more thoughts