Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Up for April 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Spring Has Sprung Closes March 31st Noon EST

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skaduzy View Post
    You are doing better than me! I finished one but it came out so big it is way, way beyond the dimensions. I will keep it and use it for a table topper.....for a BIG table. I'm going to start your 'real one' today.
    So? Can we have a peek?
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

I have my DQ ready to quilt and have decided to hand quilt this one so it will be another week or so before mine is ready to send
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

This is a message for Lv2sew2011,

I am on my third try for a doll quilt for you. The first I spent two weeks and many, many hours until I decided it was just too frustrating. So found some nice blue and yellow blocks I had made and thought maybe it would be a nice spring doll quilt. But now I am thinking something else after seeing such beautiful quilts here today. Well, I still have a few weeks so I better get started tonight.
    Kitsy

Blog Entries
    In the same quandry here. Sort of. I want to do applique, but should I do it on one piece or in blocks. Decisions, decisions.
    Krystyna

I am doing applique but its absolutely not my favorite thing to do. I have done needle turn but its so hard on my eyes I am doing fused and its tough for me to get things exactly right on the line. practice makes perfect and all that stuff... not perfect here. I have it all fused now to sit down and stitch around things. I like it and hope my partner will too. I will have that out probably later this week originally had it set for Tues but spent yesterday making a table runner and four boom blocks. I get so all over the place when I sew. I like .. variety so I work on this , then that, then oh start another project, go back to this .. skip that for a while lol.. a bit of a bee on my projects never staying in one spot for too long.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    I've been outside brushing up my minis for the last three days.Just love it so it means I've put my inside on hold for a minute. Rain is in the forcast so should be inside soon. I've started my DQ but I I'm still debating on the trims that could go with it

Blog Entries
    Elisabrat, I planned to cheat and do applique using my embroidery machine(s). However, I have been using them to run freestanding lace on organza wedding favors. One seized up and won't go. This morning, machine number two bit the dust. One of many problems I am having today. In fact, today is not my favorite day at all. If I had an ounce of brains I would go back to bed. But I am lacking that ounce, so I will plod along.
    Krystyna

oh that is really cute!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pbadder View Post
    Okay ladies her is my beautiful doll quilt that I had received from NanaKathy 55, she even included a little chicken which is adorable. She also handmade a lovely card. Thank you Kathy. Attachment 406528Attachment 406527

Love the dq's coming in.
    my top is done now to get it quilted.
    I tryed a new pattern so hope my partner likes it.
    I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

I just put toomanyufo's doll quilt in the mail. I almost didn't go because the weather is being ugly. The wind is blowing so ahrd and the sir is full of dirt. It looks like its overcast, but its sand in the air.
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast