Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 08-02-2012, 12:06 PM

Krystyna, you know me too well! Of course I will be sorry, which will make me all the more excited to jump in in September, right? Sorry you're a terrible driver...LOL! DH & I took a class on line once...can't remember exactly about what, but it wouldn't let you just answer the questions and get out to pass the course...it was timed...so, we anwered the questions and watched TV to while away the time thing...

I'm sorry you've had a bad day with us quilter girls today...do you just need to take us out back of the woodshed maybe???
Old 08-02-2012, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
I can't help but sneak a moment here to read about how excited everyone is before I go quilt. Its inspiration and heartwarming to "feel" the joy that these projects bring. Not everyones will be perfect or as good as the top quilters here can do but this is so fun I can not believe in the end that that matters much. The time and energy and goodwill that go into this brings me joy on both sides.. giving and receiving. I can't wait to find mine in the mailbox! Off to sew everyone have a beautiful day. A toasty 90 here today. I am sure hoping for a bit of relief. Maybe next week. Thank God for air conditioning. Imagine this weather in a darned long dress with petticoats (a true lady wore no less than 5)? Uh shorts and a tank top here I come! A fallen woman surely. sigh...

Linda here in SW Oklahoma the temp is now sitting on 114* ..... air conditioning is working double time ... its so good to be inside .... we have had temps over 100* now 45 days .... I'm ready for fall ...... winter would be great ..lol.... stay cool everyone ..... pray for rain for us down here in the south ..we are dried up and buring up ....
Old 08-02-2012, 12:36 PM

I was outside for just a few minutes went back into the house now I'm sweating like crazy and I don't usually sweat, It's way to hot outside, I don't know how hot in Moore Oklahoma but yesterday it was 112 this is not right...LOL
and she is so right about the burning fires starting every where around us.
Donna

Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin View Post
Linda here in SW Oklahoma the temp is now sitting on 114* ..... air conditioning is working double time ... its so good to be inside .... we have had temps over 100* now 45 days .... I'm ready for fall ...... winter would be great ..lol.... stay cool everyone ..... pray for rain for us down here in the south ..we are dried up and buring up ....
Old 08-02-2012, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
I read your post about me Ms Krystyna! LOL! Okay...everyone...listen up... I AM THE GUILTY PERSON WHO DOESN'T LIKE TO SEW WITH SOLIDS AND DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR AUGUST! Whew! Glad I got that off my chest...feels so much better! And if you want another chuckle, go to July's DQ thread and see what I got from Ms Krystyna yesterday in the mail! LOL! I am lurking here though and will admire what you all are making, and join with ya'all in September, assuming the theme won't be sewing with solids? Perhaps you girls can make a believer out of me yet?
Just wanted you to know I was like you and this was the first time I worked totally in solid colors...And I have to admit I really love how my piece came out...You might want to reconsider and give it a try...
Old 08-02-2012, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955 View Post
Just wanted you to know I was like you and this was the first time I worked totally in solid colors...And I have to admit I really love how my piece came out...You might want to reconsider and give it a try...
Hi there hobbykat1955...good to see you...I am catching up on other projects and will get a head start on September maybe...I look forward to seeing all your pictures though...
Old 08-02-2012, 01:40 PM

Dragonfly Nana is my partner this month and I LOVE LOVE those colours she picked out rwquilts, I love working with solids and this month I have decided to go with an 'Amish type' DQ with a modern twist so I hope Dragonfly Nana likes it, just something a little different.

For those ladies who are sweltering in the heat over that way, spare a thought for me - heavy rain and oh so cold evenings abound so I am longing for daylight savings to start beginning October and for much warmer weather.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:25 PM

I get the Doh' award today! I went to the post office with a bunch of things to mail. The kid behind the counter said to me"And who is this one for?" I told him, "Oh that, it's for Brenda"... Duh guess who forgot to put an address on it! He got a good laugh, and I know I was bright red heading back to the car, hubby asked me who did ya get the package from... "OH this, it's for Brenda"...

So now I get to go back to the post office!

So Brenda you package might be a little late!
Old 08-02-2012, 02:36 PM

That is so adorable marytoddliz. So glad you can share you humor with us.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:11 PM

Lynnie I can't wait to see what you create with that Modern Twist!
I told you we could swap a couple of days - now if we could just figure out how to do it!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:16 PM

And to my second partner GinnyMc - jump on in here lady, the fabric is flying!