Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign up for December 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -

Blog Entries
    tesspug, that sure is an adorable doll quilt. I love the quilt block you choose. And, it is no secret....I LOVE polka dots.

Nise, I love love love the wintery trees you designed. They are just darling! I love the border fabric. It's so cute.

dabbler, love your sneak peak. Your points are just wonderful. Can't wait to see what you've come up with.
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

Blog Entries
    Great looking little winter quilt!
    Donna

Quote Originally Posted by tesspug View Post
    Here is the DQ I sent nise.Attachment 384863
    And here is the one she sent me.Attachment 384864
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥`..♥ Donna♥`..♥

http://countrycottagequiltsandcrafts.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    January partner list is posted!!!
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    And here is the one she sent me.Attachment 384864[/QUOTE]

That's the same fabric I used on the one I made! I love it!! In fact our quilts are sort of similar. Guess we both got the same inspiration from the tree fabric (and we both goto JoAnn's)!! Great job on yours -- love the addition of the snowflakes.

That might be a fun theme some month -- pick a fabric we can all get (like a solid color or common print) and see what everyone does with it.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=That might be a fun theme some month -- pick a fabric we can all get (like a solid color or common print) and see what everyone does with it.[/QUOTE]

OOH! That would be fun! I think Krystyna is back hosting next month's swap so we'll have let her know.
    Lisa B in NC

Lisa, nice to see your real face

I like the idea of all using the same fabric too, but we have to be careful as some of our members may not have "it" or the ability to obtain "it" if we are too specific. Just a thought.
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Blog Entries
    I'm with you, Paula. The general swap rules are that it has to be open to everyone -- and not everyone can afford a particular fabric. I know that some are on very limited budgets, so I'll have to put on my thinking cap for this one. My guild does a challenge every year - you need to make a mini quilt using a particular fabric. Apparently everyone gets the fabric, but hardly anyone actually makes the quilts! If you give me a couple of months, I think I can come up with a solution ...
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Krystyna - one solution might be to pick A color - say Green. The challenge would be to use A fabric with Green as the focal point of your DQ or the major fabric in your DQ. That way we are all the same (green) - yet still individual.
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Blog Entries
    That's a neat idea about using the same or "like" fabric. It's always interesting to see everyone's own personal view.

Well, my doll quilt decided to take the scenic extremely cold route by going west before it goes southeast. Don't ask me why it's in Tulsa, OK. It's supposed to go to FLORIDA!! Partner, I am keeping an eye on it. And should our trusty postal workers(and I use that term loosly..) loose it while it's going the wrong way, I can whip up another one fairly quick. So be patient. I am tracking your cheer up heal quickly quilt! I am sooo sorry for the wait.
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

Blog Entries
    That's the way I took it.... using a LIKE color as a focal point... not really the same "brand" fabric. If we went with say a "green" focal theme, some may use lime green, some grass green, some a pastel green but all quilts would still be using a "GREEN" or whatever color is chosen, as the main attraction in their quilt.
    Lisa B in NC

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 ... LastLast