Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 24 64 73 74 75 LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 741

Thread: Sign Up for June 2012 Doll Quilt Swap Closes Noon EST May 31st

  1. #731
    Super Member Needlegrammy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chapel Hill ,TN.
    Posts
    1,104
    Blog Entries
    1
    Joann, That is too cute...great color combination! Hope your feeling better.
    Barbara

    May all your ups and downs be with needles and thread.

  2. #732
    Senior Member JuanitaBean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Bakersfield,CA
    Posts
    736
    Blog Entries
    5
    Joann Love your Dq. Did you make it with accquilt dies? like the pattern.

  3. #733
    Senior Member JoAnnGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Canton, GA
    Posts
    822
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanitaBean View Post
    Joann Love your Dq. Did you make it with accquilt dies? like the pattern.
    Thanks, Juanita! No, I don't use accuquilt. The inspiration for this quilt came straight from a pillow tutorial posted by Kellie Wulfsohn of Don't Look Now! I really love her whimsical designs and her use of colorful bright fabrics. She's definitely one of my favorites!
    As you ramble on through life, brother,
    Whatever be your goal,
    Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
    And not upon the hole!
    ~Optimist's Creed (Anonymous)

  4. #734
    Super Member rwquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the west that I love!
    Posts
    3,375
    Blog Entries
    4
    Joann, what an adorable quilt!!!

  5. #735
    Super Member Ladybug 1938's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lynn Haven Floroda
    Posts
    1,336
    Blog Entries
    1
    Really pretty quilt....
    Rosemary

    Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

    I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

  6. #736
    Super Member nancia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    my heart is in texas, philly and london
    Posts
    4,576
    Blog Entries
    1
    joann-- i hope you and your mom are now well. keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

  7. #737
    Senior Member JoAnnGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Canton, GA
    Posts
    822
    Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    joann-- i hope you and your mom are now well. keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Thank you, nancia, for your kind and much needed thoughts and prayers. My 94 year old Mom suffered a very severe stroke and we were told by her doctor that we would have to decide on whether she should get a feeding tube since she was unable to swallow and was paralyzed on her left side. When we explained this to Mom she told us to give her a few days because she was going to get better. The doctor was not really very hopeful but said we could wait a day or two before making the decision. We were praying for her recovery but also preparing for the worst just in case. Miraculously, because there is no other explanation, she has made a full recovery, is walking, talking and preparing to attend my niece's wedding in September where all of the family will be together. Since we are all in different states now this will be our first real reunion at home in ten years. This was much too important an occasion for her to miss!
    As you ramble on through life, brother,
    Whatever be your goal,
    Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
    And not upon the hole!
    ~Optimist's Creed (Anonymous)

  8. #738
    Super Member SewExtremeSeams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Posts
    6,684
    Blog Entries
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnGC View Post
    Thank you, nancia, for your kind and much needed thoughts and prayers. My 94 year old Mom suffered a very severe stroke and we were told by her doctor that we would have to decide on whether she should get a feeding tube since she was unable to swallow and was paralyzed on her left side. When we explained this to Mom she told us to give her a few days because she was going to get better. The doctor was not really very hopeful but said we could wait a day or two before making the decision. We were praying for her recovery but also preparing for the worst just in case. Miraculously, because there is no other explanation, she has made a full recovery, is walking, talking and preparing to attend my niece's wedding in September where all of the family will be together. Since we are all in different states now this will be our first real reunion at home in ten years. This was much too important an occasion for her to miss!
    How amazingly wonderful. May the Lord richly bless your family coming together in September. Wow, God IS good!

    Linda

    Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

  9. #739
    Super Member nancia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    my heart is in texas, philly and london
    Posts
    4,576
    Blog Entries
    1
    ask for a miracle, you get a miracle!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

  10. #740
    Super Member rwquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the west that I love!
    Posts
    3,375
    Blog Entries
    4
    JoAnn, what a beautiful story of faith and courage and miracles! Thank you for sharing. What an inspiration you mom must be!

Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 24 64 73 74 75 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.