Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue >

Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue

Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue

Old 06-18-2013, 07:39 AM

Kitsey, I laughed so hard because before I actually read your post I saw the sliver of photo and thought my iPad hadn't downloaded it correctly, so I kept reloading the page.....to no avail! THEN...... I read your post....oh, duh! It's a sleek peak. Lol. Looks pretty cute! Will be anxious to see it.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:19 AM

Well, Cogito, I am very patient sitting here waiting for it to arrive, haha.

Oh, now I need to go look at the little pigs fabric again. I obviously jumped to conclusions when I saw two pigs and one pig! 2 + 1 = The Three Little Pigs, or so I thought. Guess this is the second time I've been wrong in my 72 years! Just kidding! LOL! I like QuiltyMom's Eagle quilt from Tesspug. I have some of the baseball fabric, I think.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by kitsykeel View Post
Defiinitely "This little piggie went to market, this little piggie stayed home, this little piggie had roast beef, this little piggie had none." It's there in all of the pictures of the little piggies. So cute.

I have loved looking at all the wonderful doll quilts this month. Here is a little preview of mine for Jean D. I start quilting today. Hopefully bind tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. "The best layed plans of mice and men-----."[ATTACH=CONFIG]419704[/ATTACH]

Okay, Kitsykeel, so where's the one 'wee-wee-weeing all the way home?' Enquiring mind wants to know!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:26 AM

I saw the one who stayed home (reading a book) I saw the one with roast beef, I saw the one with none and I saw the one going to market to sell his birthday cake but I didn't see #5. Oh well, just gave me something to tease you about!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:54 AM

Berryberry you sure found a treasure!
Bertie you are such a kookaluke! (That's what my dad used to call us when we were being silly). Clearly the little piggy reading the book is also sitting on the potty. LOL. Two for one!
Tesspug that is a cute log cabin!
Cogito, I though Kitsy's sneak peak didn't load too.
Okay, enough chit chat from me. I need to get back to working on your quilt Krystyna. I hit a bump in the inspiration road and took a break while my subconscious sorts things out.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:17 AM

[QUOTE=BuzzinBumble;6129423]Berryberry you sure found a treasure!
Bertie you are such a kookaluke! (That's what my dad used to call us when we were being silly). Clearly the little piggy reading the book is also sitting on the potty. LOL.

Au contraire! BuzzinBumble -- that's a regular lil chair -- no container underneath to catch outgoing.

See how little I have to do today? Laughing WITH you!
Old 06-18-2013, 09:47 AM

The original English version of the song said, "this little pig went crying all the way home." Another version was "this little pig cried wee, wee,wee, all the way home." One of the little pigs is crying. The pig reading the book is staying home. Do you think that quilters and Kindergarten teachers are the only ones who would analyze a piece of fabric to determine which pigs are which? I ask my DH what he saw and he said, "Some pigs."
Old 06-18-2013, 09:47 AM

OK Bertie, here we go. The little pig who had none is sitting next to the one who has a plate of food. The one who cried "Wee,wee,wee" all the way home is the one walking alone with tears coming from his eyes. Love to be teased, it makes for great fun. You seem like a great gal and I love all of your posts. You really keep things going on this QB and that is "a good thing" (to quote Martha.)
Old 06-18-2013, 10:00 AM

Boy did I get that nursery rhyme wrong. I though the wee wee was ... well you know. Here I was looking for one on a potty.
Okay, okay... I'll get back to work.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:31 AM

You are all kookalukes! Thanks for providing the laughs for the day. That IS pretty cute fabric btw.